Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • is it true? >
  • is it true?

• is it true?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 AM

Mine doesn't have the fabric department back yet.
    Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by aunt ria
    walmart has it's fabric back? i haven't been much since they got rid of it in my area. anyone have theirs back that had lost it?
    Herein San Antonio,Tx The Wallmarts that have fabric back are ALL IN lots of fabric, tables and accessories, two close by have it , one seems to be going NO FABRIC, it's either feast or famine
    Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 AM

Shelton, CT does, but not Stratford or Milford which are the closest to me. One is better than none!
    Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by aunt ria
    walmart has it's fabric back? i haven't been much since they got rid of it in my area. anyone have theirs back that had lost it?
    We got a flyer in the paper Sunday - St. Paul Sunday Pioneer Press and it was from WalMart - It said "Over 2000 stores now carry fabric" or words to that effect! AU CONTRAIRE!!!!! Not in St. Paul - meaning West St. Paul and the Midway WalMart! I called them and they said they were NOT getting fabric in. So it actually means squat, nada, nyet, not on your life, forget it, Charlie!!!!!!

So, as before JoAnn's moved out, St. Paul has only ONE fabric shop and it isn't even a quilt shop. And, they are super nice and have good fabric, but not enough of what quilters generally use (assuming that quilt shops carry mostly cotton). I have asked them to stock more cotton, but in that particular area, they don't "cotton" to quilters (to coin a phrase!!!) So, that takes care of that for us. Edie
    Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 AM

I was in a Walmart yesterday, in Portsmouth, Virginia, and they told me that they weren't going to get material in at all. Bummers.
    Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 AM

No fabric in Uniontown Pa yet! But am ever hopeful! We used to have a hugh dept.
    Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 AM

I guess I am the lucky one....my walmart in Saukville,WI has always had a fabric dept....and there is always someone around to cut the fabric....the bad part they are doing remodeling and the store is a total mess so for now I try not to go there.....but from what I have heard...all of the Wal=Marts are supposed to be getting all of the fabric back...
    Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 AM

I don`t believe WM helped themselves at all in our area. They now have what a clerk told me, "A small supper WM" What I don`t understand is why bother with the cost of over 20 registers and never more than 2 with some one to check you out. By the time they call some one to help, the people are sorry they came in. Also I worked retail for yrs, and will never know why they push over sized displays of every thing, That means less variety.In the end they so much of one item they have to clearance it out. Remember how the old Mom & Pop stores had every thing? Very seldom had a sale and it was a depression? But there was always a clerk!
    Old 09-21-2011, 04:43 AM

WalMart DOES have their fabric back, however, I have noticed their prices have gone up anywhere from .50 per yard on up to over $1.50 per yard. What a bummer.
    Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 AM

I got an ad in the paper last sunday that they have returned fabric to 2,000 of their stores. One here, has a very small dept. and I have yet to get to the other one which WAS larger in the past. Good luck. What I saw at the small walmart was nothing I would want.