Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Trying to get organized >
  • Trying to get organized

• Trying to get organized

Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
    lue

WOW! WOW! and DOUBLE WOW! I think I'll bookmark this post so that when I begin to feel guilty about the amount of fabric I have (maybe 1/100 of what you have, TSanchez), I'll look back at the pictures of your partial stash and relax. Do you quilt or just buy fabric? Just kidding--you know we're all "guilty" of indulging in our stashing pleasures. If you ever want company "shopping" in your stash, just send a shout out! I'll happily accommodate you! I don't even want to THINK about what I would do to be as organized as you. When I figure out how to post pictures on the website, I'll send pictures.
    Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
    lue

WOW! WOW! and DOUBLE WOW! I think I'll bookmark this post so that when I begin to feel guilty about the amount of fabric I have (maybe 1/100 of what you have, TSanchez), I'll look back at the pictures of your partial stash and relax. Do you quilt or just buy fabric? Just kidding--you know we're all "guilty" of indulging in our stashing pleasures. If you ever want company "shopping" in your stash, just send a shout out! I'll happily accommodate you! I don't even want to THINK about what I would do to be as organized as you. When I figure out how to post pictures on the website, I'll send pictures.
    Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM

I posted this on another thread but it fits here too.

OK I started on this plan yesterday. I bought 5 nice oak plywood cabinets from off craigs list. Tonite DH cut plastic corigated sign board for me. I started with one 55 or 65 gal tub. It took me from 10:00pm to 1:00 am to fold just one tub worth. I can see right now that I have many many hours looking me in the eye to fold all that stuff. I probably have at least 40 tubs that size filled with fabric. I am begining to wonder if those 5 cabinets will be enough.
    Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 PM

My stash
    is no stash
    compared
    to your stash.
    Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Excuse me as I am feeling kind of blue tonight. My husband and I have moved in with our daughter and I have one room which I call "my sewing room", but actually it is also a guest room. I thought I had organized and put away my sewing stuff pretty good, but I guess it doesn't look very nice in a "guest room". So now I am trying to figure out, what I can do. I love it that your stash is all in one place. I know you must have worked hard to organize it. It looks neat and nice.
    Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Do any of you put up a curtain over the fabric so that it won't get sun-damaged?
    Old 01-16-2011, 10:50 AM

Mine are not where there is sunshine but I will put a drop cloth over the front of the cabinets to help keep the dust off. We live in cotton country and our town is surrounded by fields and it is already getting to be the windy season. Right now the farmers are just starting to plow under the cotton stems so we will be getting plenty of dirt in the wind.
    Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM

drgranny, that is the way to do it. I started using the small tubs that you see in the photos because if they were to big, I couldn't lift them. I can see what I have. The fabric is all 1 or 2 yards each. I can't afford to buy more than that at one time. Most of my quilts take 2 yards (very few more than that) of each fabric anyway. When I make clothes, then I buy just a little more.
    Old 01-18-2011, 01:36 PM

MamaYitu, I don't have all my stash in one place believe me. I have a lot in my sewing room but I also have tubs in our garage and in an old trailer (which we use for storage) in the back yard. I do understand what you are going through. We are in a small house and my sewing room is actually a guest bedroom (we have another guest bedroom but it is even smaller than this one). I have my sewing machine on a table in our den. My dream is to have a little larger home (2100 square feet would be wonderful and large enough for me to have an actual craft room). You will find a way to sew, trust me.
    Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM

What is it about seeing photos of someone else's stash that makes me want to play in their fabric and not my own!!???