Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Twist & Turn Bargello quilt book? >
  • Twist & Turn Bargello quilt book?

• Twist & Turn Bargello quilt book?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:45 AM

Hi Eileen and welcome from Eastern Canada.
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I may not remember to check in frequently but anytime there is a reference to "Twist and Turn Bargello" my computer tells me and that wakes me up. FYI - I live on Vancouver Island in Canada and what I am busy at these days is more twisted designs and maybe one more book. But don't hold your breath as it will take me at least a year to do 9 more quilts that are strong enough for a book. If the quilts aren't better then I won't do a book. I am always disappointed if I buy a book and it is not nearly as good as the first one. I don't want to do that.
    Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM

WooHoo! Eileen I got my book today!

There are so many beautiful projects in this book from table runners to quilts.
    I was wondering if it would be better to try making a table runner before I start a quilt?
    I have never hear or seen a Bargello quilt before I joined this forum. After seeing so many beautiful quilts on this forum I knew I had to make one. I have made pieced quilts but nothing fancy.
    I will say it looks kind of hard but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out so I can make a quilt someday. Thanks again for writing this book. it is great! :-D
    Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Hi Carol
    I am glad that you are happy with the book. It is rather pretty isn't it? I think the key here is - have you ever done any strip piecing? Everything in the book is strip pieced. So I would suggest that you start with either the table runner or if you know how to strip piece, then tackle the Surf Song Wall quilt. It is fairly simple to make. And if you get stuck, just get in touch with me. Also before you start anything in the book, read the opening chapter as it is relevant to all the projects in the book.
    Cheers - Eileen