Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Those are beautiful quilts..I liked the second one the best, thought the boarder was really intersting to say the least..Now that gives me an idea for the swap in in currently..I will be getting blocks back I do beleive..That type of a boarder will be great for it..I will post a photo when I'm finished with it as long as the camera lets me LOL
    Jennifer
    Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM

Working on projects for a craft fair in May, UFO's have been put on the back burner, so I am getting behind:(
    Old 04-07-2010, 05:13 AM

I want to join in the UFO challenge. I have been quilting for 5 years and love making the tops but when it comes to the quilting I really get bogged down. I can't even get an accurate count of unquilted tops. Somewhere between 15 and 20. I am taking 9 crazy quilt blocks to our sit and stitch and making them into a baby quilt. See...not quilting again today. Wish I could afford to have them all quilted! Will post pics when I learn how.
    Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 AM

Beautiful Quilts, one and all!
    Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Okay, I finished my UFO for April. That makes 4 down this year and only 81 more to go. :lol: I'm thrilled to see I'm not the only one who has an abundance of UFOs. My thanks to all those who have over 50. We should start a club.

I finished the wedding quilt for March. I posted it in the picture section under Jennifer's Wedding Quilt but will add it below too. I made it completely from scraps and did all the quilting on my Janome 6600. I'm just learning to FMQ so I'm pretty thrilled with how the feathers turned out on the borders. I got it done literally the night before the wedding, which was mid-March.

The baby quilt looks like the same one I did in February, with the exception that the border colors are different. I made the same pattern for 4 baby quilts and since the mothers all live in different states, they'll never realize there are duplicates out there. Below is the mom holding up the baby quilt I made. My apologies for the lousy picture. Baby was sound asleep when we visited her at the hospital or I would've taken a picture of the baby with the quilt. She loves the quilt, which always makes me feel extra special. I know this is going to get a lot of use.

I've got the April UFO almost done. I just need to add binding. Yay!! I can't wait to finish it.

April UFO
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]51203[/ATTACH]

March UFO
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]51204[/ATTACH]

FMQ feathers on border
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]51205[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-51203.jpe   attachment-51204.jpe   attachment-51205.jpe  
    Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM

I'm in! I can always use help and encouragement and I'll be glad to try and encourage anyone else who needs to be uplifted! I'm sure I have enough projects to keep me busy all year!
    Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 AM

They are great quilts. I had seen the wedding one on another topic and it is just fantastic. I have got to catch up.
    Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 AM

I'm a little like the turtle, late but still got here. I have so many ufo's I feel like an alien.

I teach "seniors" how to make quilt blocks. I have a bunch of laps to queens started but not finished. I haven't counted, I'm afraid to I might find something from the 1800's :). :-o

At any rate, count me in. I want to finish one each month till finished. This summer I plan to do UFO's till quilted, bound and ready to go on ETSY, give away, or use.

We 3 Arts
    Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Yeah! I've finished my second UFO. I'm counting this one for March so I can keep the pressure on for April. I made the top for this quilt about 3 years ago. Looking at it now I would have done it a little different and used more contrasting fabrics in it but all-in-all I think it turned out okay. I'm going to give it to my mom for Mothers Day. She loves birdhouses and I think she'll like it. Now on to the next one...

March UFO
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57362[/ATTACH]

Close up of the block and border
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57381[/ATTACH]

Showing the backing fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57382[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-57362.jpe   attachment-57381.jpe   attachment-57382.jpe  
    Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM

That is a very cute quilt and you did a great job on it. I haven't finished my march ufo yet.