Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Here is my November UFO , a ragtime flannel quilt, using up some shirting flannel I bought years ago when my boys were little.
    Feels good to get these things done.
    Rita :-D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-135790.jpe   attachment-135791.jpe  
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by keolika
    Here is my November UFO , a ragtime flannel quilt, using up some shirting flannel I bought years ago when my boys were little.
    Feels good to get these things done.
    Rita :-D
    Seeing your quilt makes me want to grab a good book, a cup of cocoa and snuggle under it. I like your colors - nice and bright.
    :thumbup:
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 PM

I feel foolish asking this but, Im new to the Quilting Board and not familiar with all the lingo yet. What does UFO stand for?
    Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 PM

Not foolish to ask questions. We've all asked them. That's how we are all learning and sharing. UFO is: Un-Finished Object. Welcome to the board and ask away.
    Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 AM

I am pretty new to this wonderful forum and just saw this challenge. Will there be a 2011 UFO challenge? I'd sign up!!!
    Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Goldie
    I am pretty new to this wonderful forum and just saw this challenge. Will there be a 2011 UFO challenge? I'd sign up!!!
    I sure hope so. I need the motivation. :lol:
    Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM

I have finished quite a few UFOs since I agreed to this challenge--pics soon. Two in progress , so I better get back to work!
    Also, 17 UFOs went out in the last two weeks as quilt tops/ quilt top centers to organizations that have someone to machine quilt them.that feels GREAT! And reduced my work load!

Do they count????
    Old 12-01-2010, 07:36 PM

I should think so!!!
    Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Here is the official thread for the UFO Challenge of the Month 2010!

The way it works: anyone can be a member and there are no penalties if you're busy one month. Try to finish one UFO each month. Once it's finished, post a picture and description here. We'll ooh and ahh. Try to finish another one next month.

This can also work if you need ideas for how to finish yours or encouragement. I want this to be an area where we can support each other in getting through our UFOs for 2010.

And the way I differentiate a UFO with a WIP - a UFO is something that you put down awhile ago and don't feel a strong desire to pick up again since there are more exciting things to do. So pretty much any of those projects that you put into your closet and forgot about qualify.

So everyone's challenge/goal: 1 UFO completed by January 31, 2010. Good luck!

**********annoying Moderatorish note from PatriceJ**********

"finished" means all the way done and ready to use.

personally, i also count as "finished" anything i've given or traded away because i know i'll never follow through with it until it's properly done. (i prefer to give rather than trade. if i trade then all i get for my trouble is another stinkin' UFO! :lol:

SWAPPING is NOT part of this challenge. naturally, if members want to trade between themselves that's just fine. i mean only that it isn't a part of this and should be done separately between individuals.

here's wishing all of us good luck and LOTS of energy in 2010! :lol:

Good day Ladies;
    I have one ufo that can be finished for Jan. Do I show it now or when It if finished?
    Old 12-02-2010, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Here is the official thread for the UFO Challenge of the Month 2010!

The way it works: anyone can be a member and there are no penalties if you're busy one month. Try to finish one UFO each month. Once it's finished, post a picture and description here. We'll ooh and ahh. Try to finish another one next month.

This can also work if you need ideas for how to finish yours or encouragement. I want this to be an area where we can support each other in getting through our UFOs for 2010.

And the way I differentiate a UFO with a WIP - a UFO is something that you put down awhile ago and don't feel a strong desire to pick up again since there are more exciting things to do. So pretty much any of those projects that you put into your closet and forgot about qualify.

So everyone's challenge/goal: 1 UFO completed by January 31, 2010. Good luck!

**********annoying Moderatorish note from PatriceJ**********

"finished" means all the way done and ready to use.

personally, i also count as "finished" anything i've given or traded away because i know i'll never follow through with it until it's properly done. (i prefer to give rather than trade. if i trade then all i get for my trouble is another stinkin' UFO! :lol:

SWAPPING is NOT part of this challenge. naturally, if members want to trade between themselves that's just fine. i mean only that it isn't a part of this and should be done separately between individuals.

here's wishing all of us good luck and LOTS of energy in 2010! :lol:

Good day Ladies;
    I have one ufo that can be finished for Jan. Do I show it now or when It if finished?