Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UFO Weekend >
  • UFO Weekend

• UFO Weekend

Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Cool UFO Weekend

I am working on finishing some UFOs this weekend. Working on them at home today, tomorrow going to a friend's house to quilt with some of my quilting buddies. I really feel like I am getting a lot accomplished by getting these out of the way. Looked through all my fabric yesterday and found some kits and a block of the month I am itching to get to. Right now I can get tops done. Quilting will have to wait on the larger pieces until I can afford to have them done. But I have small pieces that I can machine practice on and finish. The sun is finally shining here in NH after a very snowy February and beginning of March. Sure feels good to see it and all my floral fabrics help me get to Spring. Will post pictures of things I get done. Happy Saturday and Sewing to all!
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 AM

May the birds of spring, chirp around you all day ;-) Enjoy your bliss and productivity! Looking forward to your pictures.
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 AM

It's always UFO time at my house. Sounds like you have a good plan for getting things done. I had to take my machine in for a service but am getting ready for when it comes back home. I did finish a quilt I started in 1971 - yup that is right and not a typo - the squares were embroidered when I was pregnant with my first, then pieced with pink flannel blocks in between each embroidered square. The seams were 5/8 " and pressed open - didn't know anything about quilting! I decided to leave the top the way it was so added a border and quilted it myself. It turned out kind of cute. Am now working on a log cabin quilt for my grandson - it is fruit and veggie fabric on the dark side and white with black on the light side. It needs to be quilted.
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
    Power Poster

Spring is in the air and in your feet! Go for it!
    Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM

I love to do UFO weekends...makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. Today, however, I have decided it is time to pack away all my snowmen and bring some *spring* into the house. I always keep my snowmen decorations out all winter but the funny thing is that when it comes time to pack them away, I always wish I had done it when I put the Xmas stuff away. Lol. Tomorrow after church we are meeting youngest dd for lunch and a little shopping. I do hope to squeeze in a little time for sewing, though.
    Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM

It was pleasant up here in NH today! I took a drive by myself and enjoyed having the windows cracked open.