Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UFO'S Am I all Alone with >
  • UFO'S Am I all Alone with

• UFO'S Am I all Alone with

Old 01-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
    Originally Posted by pdcakm
    you finishers really make me crazy. just kidding. i want to be you when i grow up.
    Ditto
    Ditto too. I want to be you IF I grow up!
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 AM

I just tried to count the WIP (alias UFOs') and geez, there are quite a few in my sewing room. Anyway, my friend and I have made a promise to each other to try and finish one project a month...one that's been started for some time but not completed...for this year. My projects are not all just quilting related projects...crochet, tatting, cross-stitch, emboidery. So far, so good, January's knitting is done! I'm working on February's embroidery...hope to get ahead...whoo hoo!
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 AM

So far, I'm a finisher too. No UFO's and not much of a stash yet either. But right now I'm making quilts one at a time for all family members. Maybe in the future I'll be doing more projects for my self and be working on more than one at a time.
    Old 01-26-2011, 11:02 AM

You have lots of projects. I also knit. Mostly socks and scarfs. Trying to finish a pair. I'm also a collecter of yarn and fabric.
    Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 AM

my mother was like you! when she died, her "stash" is barely more than scraps. She would pick out the next project before the first was done but stopped at that! She also refused to die before the project was done and then refused to start a new one, as she didn't want to leave it incomplete--however, she used to say my stash was big enough for both of us (and then some)

Laurie
    Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 PM

I think some of us are project people, but some are process folk. I am a process person. I love projects when they do get done and most do, but I really enjoy the proess itself. For that reason, I love to go back to a UFO and realize why I loved it (or not) and continue on and usually finish.
    Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM

I remember what it was like before UFOs. You're definitely not alone but I like to work on several things at once and then folks started asking for projects and the next thing I knew... UFOs everywhere!
    Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 PM

I don't seem to be able to think past the project I have choosen. I am somewhat new to quilting. In years past I have done embroidery, knitting and crocheting and always finished a project before starting another. Maybe it's because I have always had a small living space and don't have room for a lot of projects going on at the same time.
    Rita
    Old 01-26-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    You remind me of my husband. He would start a project and if it didn't go as he wanted he would stop and never go back to it. That drove me crazy! Guess that's why I can't stand UFOs.
    Lol* You know what, if you estimated my sewing ability by the projects that I have actually finished, you might think me still a newbie. If only people knew the skill that lies unfinished in my sewing cupboard! LOL*** I have easily sewn 100 tops in the last few years but I could probably only show you 30 or so finished quilts! ;)

On the other hand, when I need a gift sewn up quickly I have a great supply of finished or almost finished tops I can just quilt up! ;)
    Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Oh, boy!
    I am crocheting an afghan for my DGD (half done)
    I am finishing a vest that I started knitting in a class (3/4 done)
    I am finishing my flannel bargello quilt (top done)
    I have ordered panel and fabric to make a quilt for my DF's nephew/son who is battling colon cancer (34 years old) Ugh!!!
    I just bought 8 skeins of yarn to make my DGGD an afghan
    I bought a bunch of 5" charms to help my 9-year old DGD, Hannah, to make a rag quilt
    Bought a sweatshirt with my flannel quilt fab to make a jacket (not started)
    Bought a kit to make a full quilt for my DGGD. Wheweee. I better get off the board and get crackin'. I loooooove it!