Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UGH!!!!! >
  • UGH!!!!!

• UGH!!!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Halo
    I save dimes & when I get a jar full I put them in rolls & use that for fabric. I took several rolls, with my name address & phone # on them,to JoAnn's & the person at the counter said they couldn't except them. I told her that they are legal tender & she either had to except them or my items are free & if she didn't think so then call the police & we'll see. She ended up calling the manager & I had no problem using them with her. after that, I never saw that person working there again. My bad?
    Wow!!Good for you. Sometimes we just have to stand up for what we know is right.
    Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 PM

The thread was .99 a spool. AT my local Joanns I have used 2 50% at 1 time. I have also gone back in after putting my treasures in the car, or taken a friend and have them use a coupon. :lol:
    Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Well, it will always be buyer beware. When you go shopping and your feet hurt so badly anyway, you try to make it quick and not stand a lot or walk fast as to pound your feet on the concrete floors. So, when you prepare your purchases, well I mean when I prepare my purchases, I am sure of all the information on the bolt. I've made up my mind, next go around.....I will purchase only one item at a time. I'll go out the door and return for my second, and go out the door and come back or my next purchase and so on. AND, I will be using the coupons.......one at a time! I have someone who will go with me and wait outside the door for my purchases. I WILL get the discounts. I seldom go shopping because of the great pain, but when I do, I plan. Now, my plan gets even more detailed.......watch out JoAnn's. Mama is getting down and bad! lol I'm always complimentary and pleasant, but the one time I removed the sale price from the shelf, was the only time I ever did anything like that. I know to watch the ends of the bolts, because as one of you said, people pick them up and put them down elsewhere. SO, I'm working on it. Cannot imagine life without sewing, fabric, thread, scissors, sewing machine and quilting board ! to name a few.

Blessings,
    Ruth