Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UGH!!!!! >
  • UGH!!!!!

• UGH!!!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
    Oh yeah! I have two Joann's close to me and ususally have to go to both to use all the coupons. But they will allow me to use mutiple coupons as long as they come from different sources. I used one from their flyer, one from the flyer they sent me and I printed one from the net, than I hit both stores on Sat. and Saved almost $100.00, so how much did I have to spend to save that. LOL :lol:
    My JoAnns only allows one coupon. They used to allow several as long as they were from different sources but not any more.
    Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    The only fabrics I buy at Joann's are fleece and Kona muslin; I've never had any problem using a coupon off of either - but have never purchased over 10 yards at any one time, so don't know if that would be a deal-stopper or not.
    I used my 50% off coupon last week on a bolt of no-iron muslin at Jo-Ann's.
    Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
    Joann's never gets to me with their restrictions. But I do laugh at myself getting excited because something's NOT on sale--or being disappointed because it is.
    This is such a hoot. Kind of backward thinking for us, isn't it. I was doing the same thing as I carried that 50% off coupon in my hot little hands.
    Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 AM

I totally agree with everyone. This happened to me last week also, when they send out the 50% coupons they put everything on sale for 30%. Then when you don't have a coupon nothing is on sale. UHHHH . the people are nice at mine but I think the methods are screwy. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
    According tothe coupon it is 'one cut' of fabric and I have never had the store not allow the full bolt. Of course, as we have been reading, there doesn't seem to be a consistent rule. Have anyone questioned the people at the corp. headquarters about these discrepancies? I sure hope they are reading the comments. And do something about it!!!
    Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I used my last 50% coupon last week for a bolt of Kona muslin. i had a client drop off 5 small tops without batting or backing, she said use muslin.
    Tell me, how much yardage is on a bolt?

I noticed that on the coupon, it says for 10 yard maximum..do they allow the 50% off on the entire bolt when it has more than the 10 yards?

Thanks, mj
    Different bolts have different yardage. The bolt I bought with my 50% coupon was 15 yards. The Roc Lon muslin bolts on sale right now are 10 or 12 yards. I didn't notice whether or not the coupon limited the yardage to 10 yards - but I got the 50% on the entire bolt.
    Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM

i just don't shop there anymore to many headaches.
    Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 AM

I live 5 minutes from JoAnns and am a regular customer. I make myself(HA-HA) go in at least 1 a week to check on sales. I got 50% coupons 1 time, I got machine quilting thread for 0.99 and some pieces for 50% off as they were the end of the bolt. Most of the time I have coupons for what I want but always go in with an open mind and an open purse.
    Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by neece
    I live 5 minutes from JoAnns and am a regular customer. I make myself(HA-HA) go in at least 1 a week to check on sales. I got 50% coupons 1 time, I got machine quilting thread for 0.99 and some pieces for 50% off as they were the end of the bolt. Most of the time I have coupons for what I want but always go in with an open mind and an open purse.
    I'm a little confused. Did you get sev. spools of thread for $.99 or just one. Did you get sev. pcs. of fabric for 50% off? I thought we could only get ONE item for the sale price. I sure hope I've been wrong. LOL
    Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 PM

I am confused. . . Someone goes into a store that:

1. has too many items on sale (the reason for going is to get something cheaper),
    2. is close enough to go back with a 50% coupon when the item is not on sale (able then to get item at a greater % discount),
    3. has cutting and checkout service - (not like self service gas stations where your hands can get smelly snd one must interpret the computer messages alone)
    4. has some fabric at lower prices than the LQS to match different budgets (higher quality in most goods (think clothing) can often be more price-y)
    5. gets personal mailings about new and sale items sent directly (not hidden in the middle of a newspaper)
    6. has fabrics available that LQS's don't often carry (fleece, prequilted, iron on fusibles, home dec fabrics,etc)
    7. has multiple pattern books with many quilty accessories like purses and baby quilts that are frequently on sale at $.99 to $1.99 with multiple options in same pattern (not $8 to $12 per LQS one version patterns)
    8. often accepts competitors coupons like Michael's or A.C. Moore (few LQS's offer any coupons)
    9.has yarn, painting, scrap booking, fake flowers, home dec supplies, entertaining items etc. (yet doesn't expect knowledgeable sales persons with skill to impart about how to use them)
    10. has many/most sales persons working at low wages doing their best (there are rude and less competent persons in the best and worst of businesses)

What I wonder is:

1. why someone repeatedly goes back to collect more harrowing tales of discontent
    2. whether "thank you's" are given for courteous service
    3. whether a smile and kind word is offered to a stressed and possible on overtime sales person in an understaffed store before kindly requesting special or extra service or clarification of how an item is being advertised or sold

I know, I really don't need to open and read the posts that include these topics and I have no intent of embarrassing, offending or passing judgement on anyone who reads my post. I offer this perspective only as I enjoy the convenience, bargain prices, good service, and nearby locations of the 3 Joann's stores within 20 mins and 3 more within 45 mins of where I live. Thank you for reading my comments
    Old 06-23-2010, 01:14 PM

Know where you are coming from! There are a couple great guilt stores that I know in Northwest Ohio. Sauder Village in Archbold, Sunflower Quilts ( I believe it is) in Sylvania and Quilt Foundry in Maumee. I believe they are have websites.