Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Ugly fabric adoption thread >
  • Ugly fabric adoption thread

• Ugly fabric adoption thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
    Martians, Waldo, phallic symbols, Hugging Ubangi s. I guess we all see it differently LOL I sure have gotten my money out of this fabric and I have not even cut into it yet.
    See, I had no problem with your fabric, bc you did not go looking for something to be so 'thought provoking', lol!
    and your going to play it down.
    I do stuff, that comes across differently to others...esp. things I say :oops:, and then they bust out laughing! and I'm like whaaat???? :lol:
    Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I see the body parts but my first reaction was a woman in a bikini standing ing the midst of bowling pins. Does anybody else see her?
    I warned my daughter, what kind of to expect, without telling her, before showing her the fabric...and being very logical...she said she could see what I saw, but, that it looked like strawberries and bowling pins.
    I don't quite see the woman, but I could see two ppl, with their heads, romantically touching, over a heart, on top of a bowling pin...
    bowling lovers?
    Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    I do stuff, that comes across differently to others...esp. things I say :oops:, and then they bust out laughing! and I'm like whaaat???? :lol:
    Yes, you do!!!!! :lol: And I wouldn't have you any other way! :wink:
    Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I see the body parts but my first reaction was a woman in a bikini standing ing the midst of bowling pins. Does anybody else see her?
    is the heart, the bikini bottom? think I saw her belly button, or where it goes, and the top...not really a head, or legs...hmmm, wonder what the designer was really thinking?
    Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Okie3 that is so neat. It woul;d be so pretty made with the machine embroidered deco lizards pattern that I have. You could cut squares of it & embroider the lizards on black. A little boy would love it. The Turning Twenty pattern would be perfect. I like it. :thumbup:
    Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM

Hey, if anyone has ugly fabric to spare, I'm open! I'm thinking a crazy quilt(with crazy fabric)
    Old 06-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by okie3
    Ok here is my Ugly fabric only I laugh every time I look at it. I can't remember why I bought it but when I did I got about 5 yards of it. :) :) :)
    If the pattern repeats often enough, this might make a nice kaleidascope quilt. Lots of intermingled, bright colors.
    Old 06-06-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    I have a subscription to Quilter's Home. I will not renew it. Not because of the gross quilt but because I think the magazine is a load of crap. I have been very disappointed in the magazine as a whole. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Some things should be left to museums. Can you imagine what our granny's would say. Mine would call them blue. She use to say Redd Foxx made blue records. That is what they called them at the time. The flag one is pure hatred to everyone. Do they sell the wiener fabric in Playboy or Penthouse?
    I was surprised myself...espec when my kid thumbed thru the mag while I was driving and I had to answer questions! Who would have thought?!!
    'Ditto' for me too!
    Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
    Hey, if anyone has ugly fabric to spare, I'm open! I'm thinking a crazy quilt(with crazy fabric)
    I have 1/2 yard of this if you would like it. I have already sent out three packages. PM me your addy and I will get it to you.
    Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mytwopals
    Originally Posted by okie3
    Ok here is my Ugly fabric only I laugh every time I look at it. I can't remember why I bought it but when I did I got about 5 yards of it. :) :) :)
    If the pattern repeats often enough, this might make a nice kaleidascope quilt. Lots of intermingled, bright colors.
    I agree - if you did it the stacknwhack way using hexagons then you'd need 6 repeats, or twelve if the repeat was less than 12". Either way, with 5 yards you've got plenty! :D It would only really work if those motifs are around 3" or bigger though - it's hard to tell from your pic! :D