Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • This is unusual for a fabric shop? >
  • This is unusual for a fabric shop?

• This is unusual for a fabric shop?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    It was the best fabric buying sale I have been to in years. The three guild members that went with me were downers! Beat all I ever seen. I came out with a lot of quilt shop quality fabric for $5 or less a yard and they each had one small bag with.......1/2 yard cuts of a few fabrics complaining how expensive it was. ? Oh well, I had a great time.
    That's one of the many reasons I like to shop alone. This way I do it on my time and my schedule for one thing, and don't have to hear negative stuff from others ruining my experience and it's no one's business what I buy.

If I had the opportunity like you had I also would have left there with boat loads of half price fabric all day long.

Happy you had a wonderful day despite the whining gals with you.

Enjoy your stash.
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 AM

It was the best fabric buying sale I have been to in years. The three guild members that went with me were downers! Beat all I ever seen. I came out with a lot of quilt shop quality fabric for $5 or less a yard and they each had one small bag with.......1/2 yard cuts of a few fabrics complaining how expensive it was. ? Oh well, I had a great time.
    That's one of the many reasons I like to shop alone. This way I do it on my time and my schedule for one thing, and don't have to hear negative stuff from others ruining my experience and it's no one's business what I buy.

If I had the opportunity like you had I also would have left there with boat loads of half price fabric all day long.

Enjoy your stash.
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz

Enjoy your stash.
    I too prefer to shop alone.( Unless my friend is an enabler!) And definitely don't shop with a non sewer/quilter. They want to know what you are going to do with it - quite often I don't have a plan yet!

:D
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM

Get there early
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 AM

They in Cinti ?
    An independent fabric store in a nearby town has new owners and at the grand opening all the fabric is 50% off. Wow, now that is a opening! Last time I was there the fabric was beautiful quilt fabric and expensive. Of course I'm going and probably every quilter within a 100 miles will be there. :lol:
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 AM

An independent fabric store in a nearby town has new owners and at the grand opening all the fabric is 50% off.
    We did that too, back in 2006 when we bought our old shop. Except, we ran our sale for a whole week and called it a “Rummage Sale” (just because we don’t see the term used much anymore). It was great fun and a great way to get the word out that an existing shop is open again!

After the sale, we drove straight to the Moda Warehouse in Dallas for our own shopping spree!

CD in Oklahoma
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Congratulations on the fantastic shopping spree! I would have been there if I could have. What a wonderful opportunity to replenish your stash! :thumbup:
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Sounds awesome.