Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • UPDATE!!!  How does Jenny do it? >
  • UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

• UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 AM

I didn't take it as critical either. The problem with electronic communication is nuances, tone, etc., etc. that can't be detected by this means. In the Stone Age, I sent an e-mail to my BOSS in all caps one time. Only later, did I find out that it meant you are shouting. The cap lock was on and I just didn't take it off. Completely innocent, but didn't do it any more either.
    Old 06-01-2014, 06:08 AM

Annie Pearl, welcome!. I also didn't take offense. I know I have posted topics and had people send me back some comments that kinda hurt my feelings a little. I hadn't meant to cause a stir but to some people I guess it might have sounded different than what I meant. You know how you and another person can watch the same movie and have different ideas about it? The same thing happens here. We don't all agree on everything but that's a good thing. I, for one, want to get many different ideas or I wouldn't be posting a question.

So, please don't let this one experience discourage you. We are a fun group of helpful quilters, I promise. And again, WELCOME.... to this helpful site.
    Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 AM
    Power Poster

I didn't read anything critical in your first post. I post many things that someone will harp about, that read it differently then the intent of my post. Doesn't bother me enough to apologize. LOL. Welcome to the board. I love Jenny too!
    Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 AM

Many people don't read carefully, and it's true here as well. The recent thread on moving code words was a funny example. If anything, the tone of your original post was admiring.

Welcome!

Charlotte
    Old 06-01-2014, 08:29 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster
    I didn't take your post as critical either. You have to remember that conversations on the board are just like conversations in real life. Someone says something, another person adds to it, and eventually the conversation takes a twist that the first person may never have intended, but it's what other people want or need to talk about.
    I agree with Dunster. These conversations are like conversations in real life. I didn't think you were critical. I learned how to quilt from my LQS because U-tube didn't exist then. After quilting for more than 25 years, Jenny does hit the metal to the petal. Wish I could tap into some of that energy.
    Old 06-01-2014, 09:03 AM
    Power Poster

Didn't read your first thread, welcome to the board. mostly everyone here is nice and helpful. but you'll get some sour grapes in every bunch. have fun and show us your progress.
    Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Annie Pearl: FRIST OFF let me say welcome to the board. You will find that some people there [as with any group of people]are looking for a way to take what we post the wrong way. Just take let the them roll off you back. this group will be help and fun to work with. just know that there are sour pas__ in ever group.
    This. Some people are just looking to be offended and this board has its fair share of them.
    Old 06-01-2014, 09:55 AM

For some here Jenny whoever will always be a sacred cow. I don't get it.

On the other hand don't even think of criticizing Bonnie Hunter

My post is with smile firmly in place...

I remember WAY back in 1996 I discovered WadesList... a whole community in what was egroups which became yahoogroups eventually.
    Totally about Janome computerized machines, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. my 9000 was the pride of my life.

Until one day I asked innocently if the person who sent **** to the list could do it in a group rather than individually.

I got fried. One person even said I should never have been born, my parent should have killed me.
    It was years until I posted on another forum. The dear jane one in 1998 actually. There were flame wars there at least once a week, and it all went right over my head. I was busy quilting
    Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 AM

It's funny how differently people can read the same post. I read your first post more as "Jenny breaks all the "rules" and yet makes great quilts." To me, it read as a compliment to Jenny and an instruction to all of us to think outside the box and work in whatever way gives us results we are happy with.

Since I'm pretty lousy at "rules", I agree completely with your post.
    Old 06-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Nothing to apologize for. I read your first post and it was fine.Folks were just giving their input and how they view the tutorials. Nuff said.
    Welcome to the board.