Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Update on my new pattern! >
  • Update on my new pattern!

• Update on my new pattern!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Update on my new pattern!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374820[/ATTACH]Wow, I am learning so much from this one. First I have learned that it is a little beyond my skill level. LOL. I learned that sometimes the fibrofog distorts my visual perception to the point that I create a whole NEW pattern when trying to just make my working plan for this one. LOL. I will post a photo of the new block just to show you how wierd the fibro can be. I totally drew up and made the block and posted the photo before I realized that it was not like my pattern. I even started cutting some of the pieces!!! Fortunately, early on, I got confused and asked for help from DS and he pointed out the difference where I had made the changes. So the photo of 2 blocks together is the REAL Focus Point pattern and the single block is the error I made.
    I am really loving the new blocks, but I see I still have some fine-tuning to do. Directional fabrics are NOT my friend in this block I fear. LOL
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]374818[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]374819[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails focus-point-done-right.jpg   block-darker-center-square.jpg   focus-point-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 11-06-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: to add photo of original pattern block
    Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM

I love your color choices of peach and aqua. It's looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished product!