Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • varigated thread >
  • varigated thread

• varigated thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:07 AM

I just checked out the King Tut threads. They have beautiful colors and great reviews. I think I will try it. If I love it would it be wrong to ask for a full set.... very expensive! It would. I will just buy it 1 or 2 spools at a time if I like it.
    Old 11-10-2010, 12:18 AM

hello dears. I love Long Creek Mills .com for any thread. And always connecting threads
    Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
    I love variegated thread. Not all is made well, though. I purchased a pink and white for a rag quilt and I am now having to reinforce the seams by hand with my old standby, Gutterman, b/c the seams are coming apart and I am afraid to finish it without this precaution. This is the first time I have had this problem though! Find a brand that works and stick to it. Don't just buy something that is pretty... that is what I did.
    Annaleehunter - What brand was the pink and white thread that was poor quality? Too bad you had to go through th extra work! You will love the King Tut! They have great colors and it is very strong.
    Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 AM

[quote=diamondee]try www.connectingthreads.com I was told about this site from a fellow quilter.[/quote

They did have it in sets too awhile back but stopped having it. I was lucky to get them all. If you call, maybe they have some back stock. I love the site and also love getting their catalog. I call them my wish books. I keep them all. Check it out.
    Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 AM

I usually buy my varigated thread here http://www.tristan.bc.ca/cart/home.php?cat=27
    It is a Canadian site but I love their service and their thread is really good, it is Aurfil....they have cotton also in varigated....they also have other brands of thread....
    Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
    Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
    I love variegated thread. Not all is made well, though. I purchased a pink and white for a rag quilt and I am now having to reinforce the seams by hand with my old standby, Gutterman, b/c the seams are coming apart and I am afraid to finish it without this precaution. This is the first time I have had this problem though! Find a brand that works and stick to it. Don't just buy something that is pretty... that is what I did.
    Annaleehunter - What brand was the pink and white thread that was poor quality? Too bad you had to go through th extra work! You will love the King Tut! They have great colors and it is very strong.
    It was C&C... ugh, first time I bought their thread. My sister uses it on her Kenmore and loves it. It just doesn't seem to be a good thread for quilting.

I can't wait to try King Tut. I would love to find another brand or two to rely on so I have more choices. Until I can afford to order some KT it is back to Gutterman.
    Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 AM

You might try Metro embroidery thread, its a poly, I think they have varg. Have good sales too.
    Old 11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
    Dee

I bought mine at threadart and Joanns. And the quilting shop 50 miles away.
    Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Try www.cottonpatch.co.uk they have a very large collection of their own brand threads including loads and loads of varigated thread. I have used them and they are quite reasonbly priced aswell.

Cheers

Doreen G
    Old 11-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Okay. I'm new enough at this that I don't know what varigated thread is used for. Is it that thread that has different colors in it? That what varigated means in plants. Tell me why it's good to use.