Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vent: Joann's Store >
  • Vent: Joann's Store

• Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Wow, I didn't expect to get all these replies :shock: I did contact the office, and I'm not expecting anything, but doesn't it feel good to let it out :x :lol: ...

There's so many other places to shop, even another JA's, so let's please all move forward to bigger and brighter shopping days!!! :)

I'm going to start working on another D9P using JA's fabrics :oops: :)
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
    Power Poster

You have to fill us in on what went wrong. Maybe we all experience it at one point or another. I know my Joann's has definately changed in the last couple of years along with the staff. Everyone seems depressed. Is it the economy?
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 PM

I too have had bad experience. I had purchased some items and had several coupons. The most expensive item that I wanted the discount on with the coupon, the register didn't pick that up. It took it off a $3.00 item. I didn't realize it until I got in my car and looked at my receipt. I marched back in and went to the customer service desk and explained the situation to the clerk, and she gave me credit for the higher priced item. They worked it out but you really have to check your receipt at the register. They always say the machine picks the item automatically. Well sometimes it doesn't select the item you want so you have to tell them.
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
    Banned

If they give you attitude give them it back!! I would huff and puff too and maybe make a mess with some bolts! LOL
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM

[quote=thseabreze]Yep...I know what you mean..I did the same thing, a couple weeks ago.. I won't shop there again for material.
    I found a place online thats great. www.fabric.com. I got the kona solid cottons, for $3.48 per yard, they were on sale, the white was 4.48 per yard....they are so soft, and quality cottons...nothing like what I got at Joanne's....I took theirs back..[quote]

I bought some of the Kona cotton in the snow color and after I'd washed and dried, I couldn't believe what poor quality it was! I had planned to use it in some swap blocks and I would've been ashamed to use it.
    Hobby Lobby's Kona cotton is much better quality.
    I work inside a JoAnn's super store, selling sewing machines and in the last year I've seen the store go from plenty of employees; a mere skeleton crew.
    Sharon W.in Texas
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM
    Banned

[quote=purplefiend][quote=thseabreze]Yep...I know what you mean..I did the same thing, a couple weeks ago.. I won't shop there again for material.
    I found a place online thats great. www.fabric.com. I got the kona solid cottons, for $3.48 per yard, they were on sale, the white was 4.48 per yard....they are so soft, and quality cottons...nothing like what I got at Joanne's....I took theirs back..

I bought some of the Kona cotton in the snow color and after I'd washed and dried, I couldn't believe what poor quality it was! I had planned to use it in some swap blocks and I would've been ashamed to use it.
    Hobby Lobby's Kona cotton is much better quality.
    I work inside a JoAnn's super store, selling sewing machines and in the last year I've seen the store go from plenty of employees; a mere skeleton crew.
    Sharon W.in Texas

did you Kona Kaufman?? I need solids.
    Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM

Sewcrazygirl,
    Kaufman's Kona cottons are wonderful solids, just have to watch where you buy them.
    Sharon W.
    Old 06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
    Banned

ok well i will try Fabric.com

Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 PM

I didn't read all 10 pages but i agree with this post. i would definately make a complaint about that store. upper management needs to know that this store is not being very nice to their customers. i guess i'm lucky - there are 4 Joanns in a 40 mile radius from me and the closest one(10 min.) is just great! the staff is wonderful and always helpful. i'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with yours. wish you could come to mine-but it's a little far!LOL
    quote=belmer]I am so sorry to here about your bad experience at JA's
    They just don't know how to make good customer service people any more. You would think with this economy the way it is, those big stores would be begging for good customer service. Nobody should ever have to put up with that crap.... I would go straight to the top with it, and tell them they need to re-train their emplyees at that store, because word of mouth can travel like wild fire.Glad you at least have another JA's you can go to, even if it is farther away, the sad thing is.... Is you shouldn't have to do that. I definately would try and contact The Upper management.[/quote]
    Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM

I only use Joann Fabrics for notions using their 40% - 50% off coupons. I never buy their fabric.