Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vent: Joann's Store >
  • Vent: Joann's Store

• Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    it sounds like you go to mine, except in yours they speak to you. in mine, they say they don't have a bathroom. not that they don't have a public one, but that they don't have one even for employees. they sent me to the bar at the other end of the strip mall. in mine the same dirt has been on the floor for 30 years and it's not likely to get swept anytime soon. and they're so dumb that they sell the same templates in the larger size for less money than the smaller size. even when you tell them, they say they can't change it. i use my coupons on notions and buy fabric anyplace else. this week i'll buy webbing in bright colors and plastic snap closures to go around our luggage for identification at the $%#@&^*
    airport using my 50% coupons. they're online this week.
    Rahway?? Cuz if so, the dirt on the floor has GOT to be older than 30 years!!
    Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 PM

One thing really bugs me about JoAnn's' .... You get a 40% off coupon, but it cannot be used on things that have been reduced. I will see something I want, wait for the coupon to come in the mail, go to get it and guess what????? It has been marked down by very little, but it makes it so that you can't use the coupon!!
    Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 PM

One thing really bugs me about JoAnn's' .... You get a 40% off coupon, but it cannot be used on things that have been reduced. I will see something I want, wait for the coupon to come in the mail, go to get it and guess what????? It has been marked down by very little, but it makes it so that you can't use the coupon!!
    Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM

I know it's a bit of a drive (only a fewww hundred miles LOL!), but the Joann's in Waco, TX has some of the best customer service you could ever ask for. At one point they got a new employee who apparently didn't really want to be there and do anything and she was outta there before she could run people away like you described happened with you. And the superstore one in NE Ft Worth had really nice folks too when my friend & I went there.
    Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
    What went wrong? Hum, in a nutshell...

Well, 1) as always the price on the bolt was different than what the register says.

2) Then the attitude of the person cutting the fabric, she gave me looks like she has to cut all of them. Meanwhile, one lady had like 10 bolts of fleece, and another had like 20 bolts, so my few bolts wasn't that much of a bother to cut.

3) Left and loaded the car and checked my receipt and guess what, my receipt was wrong, once again, wrong!

4) Go back in and the lady who rang me up said she is on break and someone else will change it (she was outside talking on the phone).

5) the manager took my receipt, huffed and puffed and said she couldn't help me because the register automatically does the discounts. She wouldn't listen to me explain what the lady who rang me up did. I said, every time I come here there's always something. She looked at me and said, well, I can't help you.

So I walked out saying I'm done, then the lady who is still break asked if it was fixed. I said no, and told her what the manager said, and she said that's not right, I would fix it for you but I'm still on break.

What a horrible morning it was.
    The Hancocks I shop at in TYler has a checker that is dumber than a box of rocks. I hate it when she is checking. She 9 times out of 10 screws up the ticket & never charges it out right. I reallty watch her like a hawk. I would wait behind a bunch of people to get checked out just to not have to go to her. I guess all stores have morons of some kind, every where.
    Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    it sounds like you go to mine, except in yours they speak to you. in mine, they say they don't have a bathroom. not that they don't have a public one, but that they don't have one even for employees. they sent me to the bar at the other end of the strip mall. in mine the same dirt has been on the floor for 30 years and it's not likely to get swept anytime soon. and they're so dumb that they sell the same templates in the larger size for less money than the smaller size. even when you tell them, they say they can't change it. i use my coupons on notions and buy fabric anyplace else. this week i'll buy webbing in bright colors and plastic snap closures to go around our luggage for identification at the $%#@&^*
    airport using my 50% coupons. they're online this week.
    You know I thought that a business had to provide a restroom to anyone because of the ADA act. (Americans with Disabilities). Thought it was a law. Guess they are above the law.
    Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM

I went to the same sale...no apparel fabric left. Did get material from the calico's to make some tops, some bottom weight for skirts and lots of fleece for christmas items. It was a large bill, one I shouldn't have done but as I am just out of the hospital again after 3 weeks, I wanted several projects to work on that I could just sit at my Baby and sew. I usually go to my LQS but some of the prices I just couldnt beat. Still, no luck on any of the Simplicity patterns I wanted so I left a little upset, but not too bad. Wont be back there for several months now. My closest and only JA's is 40 min away so I understand the frustration. Keep smiling...we are here for you!
    Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 AM

That is SO unacceptable! You have every right to feel the way you do. They were rude, condescending, discounted your feelings instead of the prices, and what they did is illegal. Quilters spend a LOT of money. They should be courting you, not exploiting you. I think you should send a letter to the manager and plainly cc to corporate, explaining why you won't be returning. I hope you have an alternative. It would be horrible if you were forced to shop there because you didn't have anything else. Now you have to find something to do that will take that horrible experience right out of your mind. How about fantasizing what a quilt store would look like if YOU owned it? I have a feeling it would be one I'd like to go to.

Originally Posted by Crafty1
    What went wrong? Hum, in a nutshell...

Well, 1) as always the price on the bolt was different than what the register says.

2) Then the attitude of the person cutting the fabric, she gave me looks like she has to cut all of them. Meanwhile, one lady had like 10 bolts of fleece, and another had like 20 bolts, so my few bolts wasn't that much of a bother to cut.

3) Left and loaded the car and checked my receipt and guess what, my receipt was wrong, once again, wrong!

4) Go back in and the lady who rang me up said she is on break and someone else will change it (she was outside talking on the phone).

5) the manager took my receipt, huffed and puffed and said she couldn't help me because the register automatically does the discounts. She wouldn't listen to me explain what the lady who rang me up did. I said, every time I come here there's always something. She looked at me and said, well, I can't help you.

So I walked out saying I'm done, then the lady who is still break asked if it was fixed. I said no, and told her what the manager said, and she said that's not right, I would fix it for you but I'm still on break.

What a horrible morning it was.
    Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 AM

You know I thought that a business had to provide a restroom to anyone because of the ADA act. (Americans with Disabilities). Thought it was a law. Guess they are above the law.
    Any business open to the public DOES have to provide bathroom access for customers, handicapped or not.
    Unless it is located in a mall that has public restrooms for all shoppers. You should call your City or Township and let them know about the denial, they can be cited by the Health or code enf. dept. if they don't allow access.
    Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM

I hate going there because they give you coupons and everythings you want is on sale so you can never use them.