Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vent: Joann's Store >
  • Vent: Joann's Store

• Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 AM

You need to call the Joann's headquarters or at least send them an email. Our Joann's is really pretty good!
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 AM

Ooo there are so many stories about JA stores, mine is added believe me, if I can and get what I want I go to Hancocks or WM to shop. What really made me the maddest was two things,1) wouldn't honor a gift card I had 2) fabric was so much better at WM same fabric, design and maker. But the kicker it was also cheaper. So no unless I have to I don't go into Joanns even tho they have the biggest selection in town, wahhhh.

Rita
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:28 AM

Sorry you had such a horrible experience. Maybe you could contact headquarters about that particular store? We have a store near us and I really don't have any problems with them. In fact I was there yesterday and picked up a few things. I really appreciate their 40-50% off coupon when I run out of something pricey.
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 AM

Kas.... as much as i dislike going to joAnn's on account of their lack of sales help, at least their coupon does states 10% not good on sale or discounted items. Not trying to be a smarty pant but it's in fine print.
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 AM

My quilting group wishes we had a Joann's to complain about, at least we'd be able to buy a spool of thread if we need to.
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 AM

Yesterday I used my Jo Ann's 50% coupon to buy a bolt of no-iron 90 inch muslin - saved $37.50. AND the manager showed me where it was by walking me the length of the store to the muslin.

When I have several different fabrics cut, I fold while the clerk cuts. I think of it as a courtesy for the women in line behind me.

I guess I'm lucky the local store hasn't become a super store yet. Sometimes I fume to myself about the too narrow aisles, but maybe I shouldn't.

I've never had the problem of the register or the fabric thingy ringing up the wrong price - but I always have the 'right' price in my head as a 'check' anyway. Comes from long habit at grocery stores.

I went to Michael's yesterday, too. I had 40% and 50% coupons. They would only let me use one of them. Said it's a new policy. I was ready to spit. Why do they have 2 coupons in their flyer?

I used my Michael's 50% coupon on 5 Olfa blades, and I was startled to see that they have a new policy on that, too. People have been stealing them, and returning them for cash, because (the clerk said) Michael's doesn't require you to have a a receipt. So instead of hanging the 5 blade package on the pegboard like they hang the 1-blade package, they hang a plastic thingy that says 'The clerk at the register will give you the blades when she rings up your purchase.' It took the clerk 5 minutes to find the blades in the nether regions of the store. Meanwhile, a line was building up behind me. It seems to me that it would be better for Michael's to stop allowing returns without a receipt!
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 AM

I know how you feel. Our Joann's closed several years ago and I just loved going there. Recently, a new Joann's opened and I applied and worked harder than I ever have setting up the store and stocking it. However, when it opened, items were not priced correctly or would not ring up correctly and management did not seem to care. I saw lots of unhappy customers leave vowing never to come back. I quit after 4 months. I agree that it seems the common courtesy and customer service seem to be a thing of the past!
    Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 AM

A bad manager leads to bad store employees. Call the headquarters and tell them you would be happy to show the staff at that store exactly what customer serves looks and feels like. :evil:
    Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 AM

WOW What happened???? I feel so bad you are soooo upset!
    Old 06-14-2010, 06:32 AM

I would contact their main headquarters and lodge a formal complaint....maybe they will credit you for free fabric as good customer relations