Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • VERY VERY IMPPORTANT trojan virus >
  • VERY VERY IMPPORTANT trojan virus

• VERY VERY IMPPORTANT trojan virus

Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 PM

I do have a program and it will not let me into anything that hurts me. It puts up a warning and just shuts down the site I am trying to get to.
    Old 04-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by kim_s
    Makes me want to get a Mac sometimes.....
    Kim I am thinking the same thing
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Thanks! Very good info.
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:47 PM

I know my computer stopped working 'perfectly' while I was on this board the beginning of Feb. I clicked on a link in one of the posts to a site that I had been on many many times. I know I should have typed in the site myself but out of habit I clicked on it. Should never have done that! Computer full of trogans. I cannot remember which post it was. I wish I could. I replied to a post about this before-I did not have my Kaspersky update loaded yet and was using Microsoft Essentials only. I never had a problem when using Kaspersky. I have not had any problems since I reformatted my computer, updated everything all over again, installed the newest version of Kaspersky and made sure ccleaner was working correctly.
    Also-I made sure over the years to delete the older version of IE before updated to the newest version. Made a big difference in how 'fast' things worked.
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:57 PM

Thank you for the information. It is really appreciated. '

Have a blessed day.

;) debra ;)
    Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 PM
    Power Poster

Lots of good info! Thanks everyone!
    Old 04-17-2011, 03:08 AM

ok, maybe ya'll can explain something to me....what is the fascination for hackers/virus makers?? I mean I understand if they are trying to get to your personal information (and how do they get that anyway???) but what could possibly be the "thrill" in sending a virus into the ether, making someone's computer run slower, and you never meet that person, never hear anything about it...nothing....

I just don't get it....

Most people of devious intent like to see their name in the paper, or thrill at the sound of the police siren coming for them, or like the idea that they are "putting one over" on the "dumb cops" by avoiding capture. But the sender-outers of these viruses never get caught, never hear a siren, never evade a determined police force....at least I have never heard of something like that happening.

So what possibly could be the thrill to such deviants????

Maybe if we could unravel the "psychology" of these malicious folks, we could decrease the frequency of the number of viruses created and sent out.

Can anyone explain this weird behavior to me???
    Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Thank you
    Old 04-17-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
    ok, maybe ya'll can explain something to me....what is the fascination for hackers/virus makers?? I mean I understand if they are trying to get to your personal information (and how do they get that anyway???) but what could possibly be the "thrill" in sending a virus into the ether, making someone's computer run slower, and you never meet that person, never hear anything about it...nothing....

I just don't get it....

Most people of devious intent like to see their name in the paper, or thrill at the sound of the police siren coming for them, or like the idea that they are "putting one over" on the "dumb cops" by avoiding capture. But the sender-outers of these viruses never get caught, never hear a siren, never evade a determined police force....at least I have never heard of something like that happening.

So what possibly could be the thrill to such deviants????

Maybe if we could unravel the "psychology" of these malicious folks, we could decrease the frequency of the number of viruses created and sent out.

Can anyone explain this weird behavior to me???
    Basically, they're psychopaths that get their thrills seeing the misery that they cause others. An unfortunate waste of human potential.
    Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by chance
    Please just be careful when you Google for help. Some of those sites are actually site-hackers: take over your machine and ask for money to remove your problem and give it back to you.

If you don't get rid of it it can really mess your computer up. Good advice from all re: antivirus software, but this trojan got past mine and finally showed up on a later scan. Keep your software definitions updated and scan if you even suspect your protection has been breached
    That is why I have more than one type of software. It picks up what the others pass up. Best thing to do is to always have your anti-virus up-to-date.