Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts >
  • Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts

• Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 AM

Default Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts

Here's what I found in the General Forum Usage section of the board. (http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display)

Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts

How can I see the latest posts?

There are two ways to quickly view recently created or updated threads.

If you are not logged in, the 'today's posts' link will show a list of all threads that have been created or updated in the last 24 hours.

If you are logged in, the 'Today's Posts' link will change to 'New Posts', which gives you a listing of all threads that have been created or updated since your last visit.

The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.

There is a built-in time limit to this, however, that will automatically mark all threads as 'read' after a set number of day, whether you really have read them or not. The default setting is 10 days, but the administrator could make this higher or lower.
    Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
    Here's what I found in the General Forum Usage section of the board. (http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display)

Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts

How can I see the latest posts?

There are two ways to quickly view recently created or updated threads.

If you are not logged in, the 'today's posts' link will show a list of all threads that have been created or updated in the last 24 hours.

If you are logged in, the 'Today's Posts' link will change to 'New Posts', which gives you a listing of all threads that have been created or updated since your last visit.

The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.

There is a built-in time limit to this, however, that will automatically mark all threads as 'read' after a set number of day, whether you really have read them or not. The default setting is 10 days, but the administrator could make this higher or lower.
    I found that yesterday too, but I asked the question....where is the "new posts" link it speaks of, and haven't had anybody tell me where to go yet lol ..... do you see it?
    Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Go to the home tab first. Top left. Once you are in the home page, look over to the right hand side and there is a blue oval button marked recent topics
    Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM

I see THAT one, but it says Recent Topics, not "New Posts" as the FAQ refers to so thinking they're not the same things.
    Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM

I think the "today's" and "new" are just descriptive words, not locational.
    Old 11-03-2011, 05:41 PM

Default Yeeeessss!!!

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    Go to the home tab first. Top left. Once you are in the home page, look over to the right hand side and there is a blue oval button marked recent topics
    Yes yes yes yes yes!!! This is the same as the unread topics isn't it!? Oh I hope so! It's what I miss most!
    Old 11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
    Power Poster

I believe the information in the original post is obsolete in that it refers to how the old board format worked. The blue oval "Recent Topics" on this board is not the same as the old format's "Unread Topics". I'd love to be proven wrong on this, as I relied on "Unread Topics" a *lot* with the old format. I believe the moderators have said that providing an "Unread Topics" button is on their list of things to do eventually.
    Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Do we now have to log in every time we want to view the board? Donna
    Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
    Do we now have to log in every time we want to view the board? Donna
    No click the remember me box when you sign in
    Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    I believe the information in the original post is obsolete in that it refers to how the old board format worked. The blue oval "Recent Topics" on this board is not the same as the old format's "Unread Topics". I'd love to be proven wrong on this, as I relied on "Unread Topics" a *lot* with the old format. I believe the moderators have said that providing an "Unread Topics" button is on their list of things to do eventually.

You're right in that it's not like the unread topics, and I'm sooooo sad about it, I was so excited! If only we could have that added, it seems it's all we want!!

As for the original information being obsolete.... It's simply a cut and paste from the FAQ posted here on this board. :-)