Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Viking Machine >
  • Viking Machine

• Viking Machine

Old 10-17-2009, 07:12 AM

HI there,
    I have the Emerald 203 and i is a great machine. I also have a Designer II, Designer SE LE, and just got a Mega Quilter with Inspira frame. I can use the feet on any of the 3 regular machines (can't in the MQ). I had gotten the 203 to use for piecing if I was using the Designer II for embroidery and to teach my children on. (I just got the SE LE for Christmas from my DH last year) I have been very pleased with the Vikings and my local dealer is awesome if I have any questions and thank goodness I haven't had any problems with any of them. You won't be disappointed with the 203.
    Kim
    Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM

I spent a lot of hard earned $$ on my Viking and I can honestly say I love it (when it works). Unfortunately, it is in the shop more than in my sewing room. I was told by the dealer that I sew too much! I was also told that any fusible interfacing, steam a seam or fusible batting gets into the step motor and then needs service....funny how I haven't heard this from the other Viking users. I think I got a lemon and have a less than honest dealer.
    Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM

I have had a Viking #1 (not #1+)since '94. Paid $1900 for it. It's been repaired 4 times. The first time about $100, the 2nd time, over $500. The 3rd time $100. It's in the shop now waiting for a belt and that will run about $120.
    Most of the time I've owned it, I haven't been sewing that much because of job, family, etc., so it hasn't been really used that much.

I am now sewing on a almost 30 year old Kenmore. I guess that speaks for itself. Not more Vikings for me.
    Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 AM

I have the Viking Sapphire that I bought brand new. I like it alot. No problems with it at all. I love the needle down with the pop up foot feature. Love the 10 in throat also. It has alot of stitchs and even a 1/4 inch setting.
    The only thing I dont like is how low the throat is for changing out feet and treading (it has a needle threader but havnt learned to use it)