Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Viking Sapphire 855 GREAt quilting machine >
  • Viking Sapphire 855 GREAt quilting machine

• Viking Sapphire 855 GREAt quilting machine

Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 PM

Best advice for machine shopping is read the Internet comments on any machine you might want to buy, and make sure to bring your own scrap fabric with you.

The Viking dealer, by the way, was the only one that just sat me at the machine and said "HAVE FUN! call me over if you need me". That was wonderful to hear.

Realize too the price of a machine is due to what is has in features yes, but in many other ways too. My Viking #1 plus is a HEAVY HEAVY 'portable' machine. Built like it is made of rock. The Sapphire 855 is lighter weight and much more portable. It has more plastic in it. Niether is better as such, just heftier in solid metal.

Can I stress the Sapphire machine with the EVEN NUMBERS (older one like 800 etc) were NOT the best Vikings made. In fact, they stopped production on them. redesigned the machine and gave the Sapphire the numbers 835, 855 and 875. 875 being the top of that model line.

Go far so good. I can only very the best thumbs up possible for my dealing with Viking machine. :thumbup:

Take it slow, look hard and remember you will have the machine awhile. In my case, a LONG while. A few extra dollars for a machine that fits your needs might be well worth it in the end.

Julie