Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vintage Singer Sewing Table >
  • Vintage Singer Sewing Table

• Vintage Singer Sewing Table

Old 10-10-2011, 05:10 PM

No pins for the machine but the basket as mentioned by Mitch's Mom
    So now I need to look for the extension somewhere? LOL
    I felt lucky to run upon this table and the $5 price tag helped. I think someone thought is was damaged so they marked it so cheaply.
    Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Cathieinut
    Hoping there is someone who knows about the "cardtable" type sewing tables that Singer made back in the day.
    I bought, from a thrift store, what I hoped was a Featherweight sewing table a while ago. It has the hole for a sewing machine but no hole cover or insert and is marked 148121 SIMANCO USA. It is made of a blonde type wood with tan metal legs and frame for the wood to sit on.
    I tried my Featherweight and it was too small for the hole and the metal support for the machine.
    Any info would be appreciated. I will try to add a picture ASAP if I can.
    Thanks so much for any help
    It is for the 301 shortbed and like stated earlier a few more will fit in it also. Now for the good news what you have is a rarer table than the FW card table!!

Billy
    Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 PM

My mom had one of these tables for her 401. I have her machine and wish I still had the table.
    Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by traumaRN
    I have both the 301 and 221 tables; the 221 table had black metal legs and the 301 had the tan legs. Yes, the insert is a different size, appropriate for the 301 (see my avitar).
    OOOO Phyllis, I am absolutely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: over you having both tables & machines!! Wow...I have the machines, 1 301 and 1 221, but not either table. Lucky girl!!! :-)
    Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
    Originally Posted by traumaRN
    I have both the 301 and 221 tables; the 221 table had black metal legs and the 301 had the tan legs. Yes, the insert is a different size, appropriate for the 301 (see my avitar).
    OOOO Phyllis, I am absolutely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: over you having both tables & machines!! Wow...I have the machines, 1 301 and 1 221, but not either table. Lucky girl!!! :-)
    Thanks Janice, I was lucky enough to get my 221 table with the machine; a craigslist find. But I found my 301 table on ebay; and it wasn't that expensive! I have noticed a bunch of 221 tables on there recently, look for one within driving distance and you can avoid shipping charges- that's what I did! :lol:
    Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cathieinut
    Hoping there is someone who knows about the "cardtable" type sewing tables that Singer made back in the day.
    I bought, from a thrift store, what I hoped was a Featherweight sewing table a while ago. It has the hole for a sewing machine but no hole cover or insert and is marked 148121 SIMANCO USA. It is made of a blonde type wood with tan metal legs and frame for the wood to sit on.
    I tried my Featherweight and it was too small for the hole and the metal support for the machine.
    Any info would be appreciated. I will try to add a picture ASAP if I can.
    Thanks so much for any help
    just stick it on the curb - what did you say your address is???
    Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 PM

Does anyone know what the number on the bottom of these table stand for? I have 2 blonde ones with beige metal legs and a brown one with black legs (T341374). The other 2 are in a packed closet, so I don't have the # on them. All have T and 6 numbers. One is missing the basket, but all are in excellent shape. Does anyone know where to find a basket as soon as I figure out what machine goes into it.
    Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 AM

I recently bought a blonde table with beige metal legs with the number 46 8...not sure if it is 468 or 46 8 because there is a space between the 6 and 8. It is not the featherweight table. Does anyone have any info on this particular table?
    Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

I have the 301 table but haven't found the 221 table for a good price yet, but I will. LOL