Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vintage vs Vintage >
  • Vintage vs Vintage

• Vintage vs Vintage

Old 06-11-2012, 04:01 AM

Sewing machines, vintage and antique musical dressing table powder boxes and lots of old goodies hanging around in the kitchen and on shelves that I use. Have a few pieces of furniture but not enough room to go nuts collecting that. All family pieces except for my featherweight cabinet, 301 A sewing table and kitchen table(metal top baking table) and vintage restaraunt chairs to go with it. Of course, there is my cats and husband. Stopped at one husbandperson, don't care to collect more of them.
    Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 AM

Anything to do with sewing. I can't resist sewing baskets (preferably full) at yard sales. Would love to find a chrome kitchen set from the fifties. Love our weekly Friday yard sale hop.
    Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 AM

Well i see i am not alone i collect antique quilts
    Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I love and collect vintage dishes, especially, Jewel Tea and red catail and I have several pieces. We love to go to resale shops, garage sales and antique malls hunting for a treasure. Yesterday we found a doily stretcher from the
    50's for a dollar. They thought it was a dart board. LOL!
    Well, now I know where to go when I need to stretch my doilies...I have several that my Mom made...and since I have a couple antique side tables, I use them.
    I have a couple of pieces of the Jewel Tea china from the 60's...I gave most of it to my sister (dummy, me) because I didn't have room for 3 sets of china...she has never opened up the box.
    Old 06-11-2012, 05:20 AM

I collect cobalt dishes, glass, antique furniture - like beds, dressers, oak table, a few old sewing machines, old suitcases, kitchen utensils & copper pots. I love antiques and wish I had much more.
    Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
    I have several older machines, I seam to collect anything that catches my intrest, I have several old Irons not all electric, have one that belonged to my great grandmother, my grandfather brought it from Denmark when he emigrated to use it you must fill it with hot coals, works pretty good too. LOL I also collect old kitchen ware, like silver ware, kitchen equipment, love my older furnature, desk, chairs, cabnets.
    I also have a small collection of irons. My largest collections are: cookbooks, vintage kitchen utensils, and books.

My home is mostly furnished with used furniture including a 1930's Estate Gas Stove which I cook on every day. I have always had an afinity for old furniture since I was about 15. I love the energy each piece brings into my home.

I also have a nice collection of baskets, knitting needles, and embroidery tools. It seems everything I undertake becomes a collection and this includes about 12 sewing machines at this time.
    Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 AM

It's easy to see that you all are attracted to many different kinds of vintage items. Some things just pluck a chord of memory and play with your heart strings.

My hubby is drawn to wooden boxes, new or old. I started collecting old wooden clock cases that are one step away from the junk heap, so I can fix them up, put new workings in them and make them useful again. Also we have vintage mismatched china for serving high tea. Oh, and I collected vintage tablecloths and vintage Christmas aprons. We wear the aprons every year when we bake Christmas cookies, but I've decided to sell off the vintage tablecloths so I can buy more vintage sewing machines. Here's a picture I love of my SILs and daughters wearing their Christmas aprons:
    Attached Thumbnails christmas-cookie-elves.jpg  

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-11-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM

I collect Fenton Shoes, both older and newer, prefer the older ones, crystal and sugar and creamers, have a collection of plates also. I love things
    Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 AM

I tend to buy and or collect what I like. I have several sewing machines more for style than fuction. I like stained glass but I make most of what I have. Glass jars that I like I guess just a lot of different things.
    Old 06-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Toy sewing machines are my newest collection. I also collect dust bunnies under and around the furniture, random dog hairs, lots of dryer lint (do too many loads of laundry) and sand from metal detecting on the beaches.