Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15

Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 PM

Everyone is getting lots accomplished. I got the kitchen cleaned while "Bob" was quilting the Binding Tool Star Quilt. It is now ready for me to trim and bind it tomorrow. I'm done for today. My youngest DS and his DGF are bringing me Sunday Dinner. They have been doing this since I had my surgery and will continue till I am done with radiation treatments. This girl (lady) is a real prize winner, and a wonderful cook, to boot.
    Old 01-18-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma
    I was given some of the Derwent "Inktense" pencils and ink blocks for Christmas so I want to play with those, too.
    I have Derwent Inktense. Have done a little with them. Would love to play along. What are you doing with them?
    Old 01-18-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ
    Yeah! Virtual Quilting Bee! It's going to be a fun weekend. I'm going to be trying my hand at paper piecing a Union Jack block (free pattern from Craftsy), cutting my Civil War reproduction fabric into squares for my Civil War Buckshot Pin Cushion (I have emery sand on order to fill it)
    I've made some pin cushion. Been using ground walnut shells to fill them. Would rather use emery. From where did you order it?
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 PM

I enjoy seeing everyone's progress and beautiful quilts. I am piecing the top for BH MQ. Almost finished except for the corner stones. Also trying to clean up from that project and get to cutting for the Mystery Train #8.

Didn't go to work today but will have to tomorrow to get caught up. So hope to get to those tomorrow evening. I also forgot about the house work but did do some yard work yesterday.
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:08 PM

Ohh the purple hexies are amazing.
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:13 PM

I finished the baby quilt I was working on for a co-worker due in February. Took a very long walk this afternoon because it was so beautiful here in NC. I hope to get some work done tonight on a WIP that's half done on my design board while keeping an eye on the Colts - NE game.

Thanks, Raggiemom, for getting us going in the New Year. It was fun to see what others were accomplishing.
    Attached Thumbnails mamie-1.jpg  
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:28 PM

I took photos of my project today but cannot find the cord to my camera to download. However, I did get the top of my Warm Wishes baby boy quilt done and sandwiched with backing today. I will quilt it on my DSM tomorrow. Jan in VA gave good advice a week or so ago so this will be my second chevron quilting rather than meander or regular SID.
    Old 01-18-2015, 05:16 PM

I am late to this party as we are working on building a bathroom in our basement and I had to work at my real job today - but tomorrow I will be putting the blocks together on my Grand Illusion top. So glad to get a break to sew for a little bit!
    Old 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM

worked on a quilt top for my DGD, then re-arranged the furniture in my sewing room for more efficiency.
    Old 01-18-2015, 05:41 PM

So glad to have you all to inspire me! I'm loving this VQW thing I got the batting pieced to fit and now my layers are all pinned together. DH needs some attention after the game disappointed him so I'm going to switch gears and work on my EPP project for awhile where I can be in the same room with him, poor baby. Hopefully I can get quilting on the JRR quilt tomorrow, and get a picture on here for your viewing pleasure.

i just love the quilting in your sashing Sewbizgirl! That really adds a darling pop!