Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 12/18 to 12/20/15

Old 12-20-2015, 02:29 PM

I counted the upholstery-sample tote bags and have 63 bags to distribute Wednesday at the local soup kitchen's Christmas dinner. The patchwork angel dress is progressing well, but it is a lot more work to piece something out of very limited scraps than it is with a full sewing room.
    Old 12-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Thanks for joining me this weekend. My sewing room is in much better condition now than it was Friday! Now I'm all set to finish a couple projects tomorrow. The next VQW will be the last weekend in January. Wishing everyone Happy Holidays and hope you managed to accomplish what you wanted this weekend.
    Old 12-20-2015, 03:26 PM

Kathy, so glad you were able to turn the day around!

Every one looks like they are working hard. I got derailed for a bit today, DH got home from a business trip late last night. We didn't get back from the airport until 12:15am. I had to go out with him to choose the backing for the runner, (he as picked all the colors and pattern for this one) we got a fun Paris fabric in blue reds and pinks. It's a directional print so managed to seam it to get to the correct length. Only question I have is does warm and natural have a grain? found the piece I got isn't long enough unless I lay it at a angle. Hope to get it quilted to night yet.
    Old 12-20-2015, 04:28 PM

Dedemac, I don't think W&N batting has a grain. I sew leftover pieces of it together for charity quilts and never noticed anything amiss with those quilts after they were washed.
    Old 12-20-2015, 04:56 PM

Jeanne, thanks for the info.
    Old 12-20-2015, 07:23 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538492[/ATTACH] Finished all the setting blocks. Will put together after label block comes back from the embroider's in early Jan. Then I can add borders and quilt. Thx for a great week-end of piecing, Raggiemom.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 12-20-2015, 07:31 PM

Wish I'd done ANY sewing, quilting or even a much needed cleaning and tune up on the long arm--but instead I've been sick since Wed---calling the Doc tomorrow. Luckily I did get the stuff I needed done for Christmas, but have tons of other stuff to get done by Jan 7.
    Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 PM

Like some other people, I got derailed today. Yesterday, my son and his fiancé asked if we could celebrate Christmas today so my other son and I met them for a wonderful lunch and the exchanging of gifts. Then throw in football and basketball games and a niece that asked me to go and look at light displays-day was gone but family time was awesome!

Yesterday, I did work on some Dresden Plate blades, a baby quilt UFO, and an adult UFO quilt top.

Thanks for hosting Raggiemom and thanks to everyone for posting your progress.

Connie
    Old 12-20-2015, 08:19 PM

Here is what I accomplished. I have way more cut out but I just couldn't sit still long. It's like I had ants in my pants and I would jump from room to room doing all kinds of different things like packing, wrapping, eating....just easily distracted![ATTACH=CONFIG]538493[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 12-20-2015, 08:19 PM
    Power Poster

I have been out of town this weekend so no sewing... but mentally I was working on Bonnie Hunter's newest clue to her mystery quilt.

Something fabulous happened while we were out of town. We decided to go to an estate sale in the neighborhood where we were staying (my daughter's house) and I FOUND A SINGER 301 IN A CABINET WITH MATCHING BENCH! Got it for $50!! I had wanted this machine for years but they just don't show up for sale in my area. I have NEVER seen one at any estate or garage sale, or flea market in the South. I'm doing the Happy Dance, big time! It runs so smoothly with it's potted motor and gear drive. I love it.

We also had a lovely Christmas weekend with my son and daughter in law (the purpose of the trip), as they won't be able to be with us on the 25th this year. We all went to see a wonderful show put on by the local theater this afternoon. Last night we drove around looking at lights. Got home pooped tonight....