Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Old 01-02-2021, 05:44 PM

Good evening everyone. I’m late in joining, yesterday I printed out a few NYD mystery patterns. 2 of the patterns I had planned to sew along, but didn’t get to them until after 1:00 PM. So just copied. I’ll return to them later this month. I also planned my sewing goals for the next week.

today I plan to work on my BHMQ step 2 & 3 &4 and get them done. I’m 1/2 way done with step 2, and ready to start sewing on steps 3&4. My goal this week to be all caught up with all steps before Friday. In between I plan to work on completing two project Linus projects. Very simple, just sewing blocks together. Both of these are 1/2 way sewn. My last project, quilt a baby quilt on the long arm. And finally put another project on the long am. Oh well, time to get going. I have 4-5 hours of sewing time, or until I get tired.
    Old 01-02-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2
    I have someone else's UFO to do something with. It is huge 90" x 150" and the only thing I can think to do is cut the project in half and made two almost identical quilts each 75" x 90". Fortunately the piecing is large blocks which will allow mw to do this, but I'm going to have to be creative with borders and some sort of backing.
    Two matching twin size seem alot more useful than a single Emperor....

So I finished the Project Linus and put together a scrappy back. Just finished that whoo!

Bear paws...center is finished. Border 1 is on. Scrappy checkerboard is assembled with solid border 3 attached to stabilize. However I want to applique some bears onto the cornerstones and..I don't know how to do that. Let the research commence!

Last edited by Rff1010; 01-02-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    Old 01-02-2021, 06:41 PM

Default work during VQW

I finished piecing the 3D quilt for oldest grandson and quilted customer bedrunner, then today I loaded a UFO I finished and working on quilting it.
    Attached Thumbnails img_4202.jpg  
    Old 01-02-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick
    I started cutting this out last Saturday, just finished today, happy to have it done! Hopefully I can get it on the longarm in the next few days if I can find a thread that will work well, and then move on to a new project.
    Love that quilt!
    Old 01-02-2021, 06:55 PM

Got another UFO quilted. I'll get the binding ready. That'll be my project for our Zoom quilting group.
    So now, I'm making the medallion for the Round Robin. Mailing deadline is Jan 15 and would love to have more participants.
    Old 01-03-2021, 04:20 AM

Tallchick and Quiltingshorttimer...both of your projects are fabulous...and look very challenging.

I have been working on the Merry Mayhem mystery this weekend and will try to finish the top today.

petthefabric, your post reminded me that I have a quilted quilt folded up in the corner of my sewing studio that still needs a binding...😏
    Old 01-03-2021, 05:40 AM

Rob, Tallchick and Quiltingshorttimer...all amazing quilts! One more day of machine quilting ahead for me. I'd like to work on some other projects too, but I need to get this one done, or it will never be completed.
    Old 01-03-2021, 05:41 AM

Cool quilt Tallchick- I love the bold graphic look. That’s going to be a fun one to quilt!

Quiltingshortimer- neat 3-d effect- i really like the way the gray background offsets the bright colors.

Got a little more painting done on Magic Mushrooms quilt and decided on the UFO that I want to finish for my January goal. I was pleasantly surprised to see how little it actually needs to be turned into a finished project- so the question is: why did I leave it unfinished for the better part of a year??? LOL

Rob

Old 01-03-2021, 05:57 AM

I have my second Cleopatra's Fan cut out and will be sewing it together shortly. I am very excited to get another one finished up today
    Old 01-03-2021, 12:16 PM

What a way to spend the afternoon.😍
    img_20210103_151125720.jpg
    Quiltingshorttimer, awesome 3D quilt.