Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19

Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 PM

Yipee! I have been working on several projects - a disappearing 9 patch, string blocks, and potholders. Even finished a throw this week and washed it this morning but I really need to work on putting my double wedding ring quilt together so I'm in.
    Old 02-15-2019, 12:27 PM
    Power Poster

Quilting cat, so sorry to hear about your broken wrist! Rest and heal up well. The quilts will wait.
    Old 02-15-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
    Wish I could join you! I planned to attend Project Linus Make-A Blanket day Saturday, but I slipped on ice and broke my right wrist yesterday! Can't use that hand for a while.
    As someone who has just broken their ankle, I can truly say "I feel your pain". Heal quickly so you can get back to quilting.
    Old 02-15-2019, 02:00 PM

It's snowing here, again. More snow in 2 wks than I've seen in 10 years. We're above average for percipitation-very good as we've had drought years 5+. Anyway, the art guild is postponed a wk, so I'll be able to stay home and sew for all VQW.

Finished the top of improve wall hanging.
    Old 02-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Just saw this. Patrice and Quilting Cat I hope y'all are both feeling better soon!

Not sure how much I'll be able to participate-- several weekend commitments, but I will be checking in to see all the neat things people are working on.

If I do get any time to sew this weekend I'll be putting a hanging sleeve and a label on a quilt and maybe starting the quilting on a UFO that I want to get done by the end of the month.

Happy Quilting everyone!

Rob
    Old 02-15-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea
    I’m off tomorrow, so I have a 4-day weekend! I won’t be able to sew much on Saturday due to a pre-ride for a motorcycle ride in 1 week to benefit breast cancer research. I’m a road captain (leader) so I have to be on the pre-ride. I plan to sew tomorrow to make up for Saturday. I’m going to sew together the rows of my Surprise Pinwheels quilt & work on my art quilt. I’ll have to jump off the fabric Moratorium if I sandwich & quilt the SP. I have nothing suitable for the backing.
    I lied. We had temps in the mid-80’s today so I mowed the yard, checked the bike for tomorrow’s ride (air in tires etc) & cleaned it some, then I rode! So no sewing for me today, either. Maybe I’ll sew during the rest of the weekend, unless it’s great riding weather!
    Old 02-15-2019, 04:19 PM

Lots of different projects being worked on! And bravo to those cleaning and organizing--I really do to pick up a few things in my own room but it will probably wait until after this weekend. I finished two quilts today and did this month's blocks for A Quilting Life's block of the month. I'm so excited to cross a few items off my list.
    Old 02-15-2019, 04:27 PM
    Power Poster

The projects are looking good, everyone!

midwife, I just love that quilt you just finished... binding and all! What is the name of it?
    Old 02-15-2019, 04:30 PM

Quilting cat--ouch! So sorry to hear about your broken wrist. That is throbbing pain! Ironically what makes it feel better is putting -----ice------- on it.
    Old 02-15-2019, 05:10 PM

Sorry to hear that you, Quilting Cat, broke your wrist. No fun at all! Seems our quilters on QB have been hit with several icy mishaps this winter. ... And, I sit and complain about all the rain we're getting... gallons and gallons of rain, day after day, but only about an inch of snow so far. The NC mountains have received lots of snow, but not much in the piedmont.