Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

• Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-19-2023, 07:45 PM

Wow, I like looking at all of the great progress everyone is making this weekend.

I’m really late in starting this weekend. Today I got my upstairs sewing machine cleaned, needle changed and new bobbin place. Now it works fine. I’m unable to walk down to my sewing/quilting room. So no progress for the last month. I may try to walk downstairs to do some ironing and bring up a few projects to mark, pin, square sub parts of BHMQ and my nieces r/w/blk top. Tomorrow start a new bom mystery project and cut out a dragon top for my GN.

Happy sewing/quilting everyone.
    Old 02-19-2023, 09:58 PM

I understand the day taking a turn - yesterday I noticed one of my car tires was low, so had to take it in for a repair. Since I bought the road hazard coverage there was no charge. (Yay!). But then was told my right rear brake light was out - a quick check on You Tube - yep, it was something I can do, so a trip to the Auto Zone, and came home to pop it in. My DH told me I should just take it to have it done, but I wanted to try and I did it! So I was feeling so accomplished! Went into the sewing room and started working on the binding of the quilt. (Believe me I have a new admiration for people that make King Size quilts - the one I am working on is 91 x 91 inches and it weighs a ton. How ever do you quilt those on a domestic machine?). Then my daughter called - she was in town with her new baby, 2 yr. old son, & husband wanting to just drop by for a quick visit. I was not going to turn down having my grand babies visit. Just can't get enough of them. And my other daughter called this morning wanting to see the new Antman movie. So I will be sewing tomorrow for sure.
    Old 02-20-2023, 01:19 AM

Having a "sit n sew" with a buddy today at local sewing machine store. They let us use their classroom for free if it is available. Going to start a new puzzle quilt. https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/easy...attern-2821825 Great scrap buster and it IS a easy once you lay out 3 or 4 blocks in a row. It must be since I have donated at least 6 quilts using this pattern.

Made 10 pillow cases yesterday! Infrmation on pattern is correct. It is EASY. I was reading the instructions wrong. Plan to make more kits when I get back from S N S.

Old 02-20-2023, 03:26 AM

I didn't get much done yesterday, but I have managed to finish backing/load and start to longarm a small quilt Saturday. I do so love to hear about everyone's progress on their projects. I have to confess to looking at some of these scrap quilts and thinking "Hmmm!"
    Old 02-20-2023, 03:35 AM

Wow, look at at these beautiful quilts, rugs and other goodies! Beautiful work everyone. A big ole wrench got tossed into my plans, so this VQW is a bust for me. Looking forward to the next one.
    Old 02-20-2023, 05:30 AM

Well, I see I'm not the only one whose plans changed yesterday! After I checked in here, we took our cat outside for a few minutes of brisk fresh air. When we came back in, I was so tired suddenly so laid down and took a nap with the cats. Once I woke up, it was time to prepare supper and do some housework. The only "quilting" I did yesterday was pull some projects to take with me today to local shop, quilting with friends.

cjsews--congrats on finishing the two quilts on your list.

quiltingcandy--I'm impressed you repaired your own brake light!

Dedemac--oh no, ,what a mess. Hope plumber was able to fix problem so you could do your laundry.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:41 AM

Just checking in before going off to 2 doctors appointments, no success in clearing the drain but did find out it is before the main drain so we do have toilets, no sinks but I am used to tent camping so will be using dishpans and tossing the water in the yard. I will bring the one load to the laundromat latter this evening. We can take showers at the gym so that's covered. Until we get someone out to dig up the basement and fix the broken pipe. Love houses that are 70+ years old. On top of this we are about to have a snow storm starting tomorrow lasting until Thursday night!
    Old 02-20-2023, 06:31 AM

That is a beautiful rug.
    Old 02-20-2023, 11:14 AM

Oh, Ouch, Dedemac! I hope you get things fixed soon. Tent camping is a great skill to have, it's come in handy for us on several occasions when our old house had problems.

I am nearly finished with 4 of the 40 6 inch log cabin blocks. I have started all 40 and got the first two sides of the first round on all of them. But since I'm doing this as scrappy, using only scraps from stash I decided it would be better to finish some and assess them before committing to all 40 at once. So that's where I am now. Working on the 3rd and final round for 4 of the blocks.

Rob
    Old 02-20-2023, 12:30 PM

Got all the cutting done for the quilt I'm making and started on the first block. Went with friends this morning and found backing for it and only need fabric for binding.