Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 3/13-3/15 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 3/13-3/15

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- 3/13-3/15

Old 03-15-2015, 04:16 AM

Finally getting to finish hand quilting an Irish Chain that I started last summer, then get the binding attached. And, if time, stitching some more on my Patchwork Of The Crosses. If I can figure out how to post. Photo, I will later.

Last edited by Cottage Dee; 03-15-2015 at 04:23 AM.
    Old 03-15-2015, 05:57 AM

One productive day finished one block. One more to do will leave that for today have a good day those working hard
    this is the finished block
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 03-15-2015, 07:10 AM

Dottymo, love your handwork! Will these be made into a quilt or a wallhanging?

Krista, will check out your blog, I really like your string pieced one and the colours.
    Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 AM

QuiltingbyFiona, your cat quilt is so cute! Did you design it yourself, very clever use of the HST units.
    Old 03-15-2015, 07:24 AM

Great work! I love seeing what everyone is doing. Finished the Frozen quilt top and even figured out how I'm going to quilt it. Need to put borders on quilt top for our bedroom and then HST for the shower curtain quilt to match.
    Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt
    mme3924..love your "so many projects, so little time......" I am retired, too and I feel the same way. When I worked I seemed to find time to just sit still and enjoy but that doesn't happen now for sure! I grew up in Texas and later moved to NJ close to NYC and now I am in Illinois. I thought life would slow down here. LOL Goodness I am so glad I don't have to go to work anymore!!! Yard work is a couple of weeks away..we still have scattered piles of snow so I am using this time to finish as many quilts as I can before it is time to get to work outside. I did take a nice long walk this morning..how I love the fresh air! Back to work on my Sunflowers!
    Once a Texan, always a Texan!

Before I retired, my already-retired friends and relatives said they didn't know how they had found time to work, they were so busy. Now I'm the same way. Not sure if we are really that busy or have slowed down that much!

We've had ice and snow and rain rain rain, with more to come apparently. I did no yard work yesterday and not much sewing, though I did finish the sashing on my little blocks, and am now squaring them up (the part I hate) and hope to get the rows sewn today.

Since yesterday was pi day, (3.14.15) I meant to make a pie (ha!), but never got around to it. I did clean, however, and awarded myself extra points for bathtub scrubbing! Today my grandson called, with no notice, and asked if I could take him to get an MRI on his knee, which he blew out on Friday. With such short notice I said no (the girlfriend will take him) but feel guilty! Grandsons come before nearly anything!

Happy sewing, luvstoquilt, and everyone!

Last edited by Friday1961; 03-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 AM

DottyMo--Your Delft quilt will be beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Old 03-15-2015, 10:23 AM

For some reason, my photos wouldn't load yesterday and I'm too lazy to get the items back out to photograph. But here are the two Easter baskets I just finished. The pattern is from Connecting Threads.
    Attached Thumbnails win_20150315_141855.jpg  
    Old 03-15-2015, 11:44 AM

I wasn't planning on quilting this weekend, but I wanted to try a disappearing hourglass block so bad. I made this stand mixer cover to replace an old one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513716[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Old 03-15-2015, 11:59 AM

We had our PNW get together yesterday. I can't speak for the others but I know I had a great time. Some familiar faces and some new. We were demonstrating hand crank machines and had a couple curious families stop in to see what was going on. The kids in the families had a great time sewing wallets together on the hand crank machines. It was such a big hit I plan to do it again with some advertising at the library to get more kids in the door.

Today I'm trying to figure out a way to store and transport my embroidery thread and supplies easily and neatly. I'll post a separate thread for that.
    Rodney
    Rodney