Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24

Old 06-15-2024, 12:38 PM

Sewing time has ended for today, getting to celebrate a family Father’s Day early, but have 6 placemats ready now.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2560.jpeg  
    Old 06-15-2024, 12:53 PM

Nice to see everyones projects are moving forward. I have been able to add one set of borders to my Olympia UFO. All I need is to add the last set, which should be easy 'cause it's only a simple slab-o-border. And as a bonus, I now have enough leader-ender blocks to put together another quilt top!
    Attached Thumbnails img_1565.jpeg   img_1567.jpeg  
    Old 06-15-2024, 01:58 PM

Here’s what I accomplished today — May of my temperature quilt
    Attached Thumbnails img_2579.jpeg  
    Old 06-15-2024, 05:08 PM

Not much accomplished today, it's been raining since about 2 PM, I tried to sew some of the diamonds between the flowers on the GFG but just wasn't in the mood. Our neighbor over here loves puzzles and she has been working on one of the cast of the Chosen. The three of us have gotten a fair amount of it completed.
    There is always tomorrow. I love all the photos, lots of great progress!!
    Old 06-15-2024, 05:32 PM

Michelem, you can reduce the size of your photos, save, then re-post your photo. Not knowing if you are on a phone or a computer, I can't help any more than that. I used to experience that message all the time until I learned to to reduce the size of my photos and now I just do it automatically. A quick Google might help or just investigate your photo program on your phone or computer.

Oh, you did it, I see your photo of your May temperature quilt. Good for you!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-15-2024 at 05:40 PM.
    Old 06-15-2024, 05:39 PM

Well, I am moving forward on my VQW To Do List. I cut the 50 batting units for burp cloths and squared up one quilt. Then someone yelled "squirrel" and I started to sort some of the contents of my quilting closet. It does look better and I took a bag out to the trash and set aside some items for a "give away table" that are duplicates of what I already have. No fabric, just small tools and stuff.

Tomorrow more clean up of the mess I made and then work on the quilt top that needs to become a flimsy. I call it a success!
    Old 06-16-2024, 03:42 AM

Finished a quilt top using a Villa Rose pattern, turned out not to be one of my favorites. I keep putting off marking the quilting lines on it, but determined to get it over with and out of the house as it is a charity quilt. Then I can cut up a bunch of my scraps into useable sizes this coming week.
    Old 06-16-2024, 04:26 AM

I only managed to complete one Che keyboard section on my KD Brimming Over quilt. And doubt I will very much accomplished today but I may get a chance to sneak over to the studio and cut a few flying geese for the next part. Only one more installment to finish and then I can put it all together. This has been a fun project and I almost hate to have it end. Oh well, there is always another coming down the road.
    Old 06-16-2024, 05:31 AM

I’m working on a panel quilt. I saw a picture of one I THOUGHT would make a QOV but after I made LOTS of half square triangles, I did not like the look. May be it was the color difference, so I played around with my HST . Hubby was watching, because my design ‘wall’ is my design ‘floor’. He says you’re wasting more time just playing with those pieces, just sew them any way. I shoot him a look and told him I was gonna play until I felt it was right! Some men! Can’t be just my husband, or can it? Anyway, I’m in the process off and on right now. Been having problems with a hip now and starting therapy on my wrist Tuesday. I thought sewing would be good therapy and it is but I need strength training bc can’t pick up a pot with food in it. Oh well, these ‘golden years’…..
    Old 06-16-2024, 07:02 AM

Here's the other one I finished yesterday. A top for a charity quilt
    Attached Thumbnails sunflowers1.jpg