Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24

Old 06-13-2024, 03:15 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend 6/14-16/24

Welcome all VQWers! I hope you all will have a productive weekend. Mom and I are in Tennessee for the weekend so I will check in when I can which will probably be at night. I’m hoping to do some handwork at night too. Next month it will be July 12-14.
    So what is everyone working on? Tuesday and Wednesday we were in Amish county Ohio and did some shopping. I also finished a sashiko piece I’ve been working on for months. It was my travel piece so didn’t work on it all the time.
    Old 06-13-2024, 03:56 PM

Good evening. Thank you for hosting. It’s a nice summer day, low nineties and windy and sunny. Just my type of weather.

I plan to make a small w/h to celebrate our guild 10th year6 anniversary. It needs to be less than w4 inches sq. Be in the colors of blue and silver (or light gray). I’m thinking of making 10 = 4.5” sampler blocks and print out 4.5” pics in between. The pics will be a pics I took over the years of thing our guild has done over the years. Oh, did I say there should be something in the project that is a ten thing. So I figure 10 sampler blocks and 10 pics. And using 10 blue & silver/gray fabrics. Maybe use 10 different fabric for the binding. I have it planned out in my head just need to cut, sew and print. It’s a small project. That should keep me entertained. Pic after our guild meeting later this month.
    Old 06-13-2024, 04:02 PM

I'm in, we will be at the cabin tomorrow night, so will be packing and driving tomorrow. I will be working on my GFG (the never ending project). Thank you Heather for hosting enjoy your time with your mom.
    Old 06-13-2024, 04:54 PM

I'm in !!! This has been a tough week at work so I really need this VQW. Right now the plan is to finish binding my Jewel Box Stars quilt, get my Olympia UFO to the flimsy stage (almost there just needs the last 2 borders, and work on my EPP hexie project.
    Old 06-13-2024, 07:04 PM

I finished 10 placemats and 3 comfort quilts for our guild…..for the next project I want to make placemats with the scrap strip/chunks of the same fabrics. Look forward to checking in with others.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2554.jpeg  
    Old 06-14-2024, 03:21 AM

I’m in too. I will have to work on Saturday but will still find a few minutes to sew that day. I’m working on Kim Diehl Brimming Over blocks. Seems like I’ve been working on this forever but I had to put it aside when one of my exchange student daughters came for a two week visit and then made two quilt shop samples for classes I will be teaching. I’m loving the blocks and am happy to get back to them.
    Old 06-14-2024, 03:32 AM

I'm ready to dive in ......
    1. Finish scrappy HST top to the flimsy stage.
    2. Cut batting for 50 burp cloths from my scrap stash for donation group
    3. Cut out 50 small Christmas stocking for donation group
    4.*** Bonus project - Square up two flimsies and quilt one.
    Old 06-14-2024, 04:26 AM

Today, I'm taking a class offered by my guild. Embellishing with jewels. The presenter makes gorgeous ball-gowns for the Buccaneer Days Gala here. After that, I want to sew squares together for the current pixel quilt--hundreds of pink squares in 3 shades! We are eagerly awaiting rain starting Sunday! So dry here.
    Old 06-14-2024, 04:58 AM

I'll be watching from the sidelines. I'm counting down days until my vision appointment (July 5) and trying to keep calm, but after 5 years of stability this sudden loss is hitting me hard. Not getting much of anything done -- have plenty to do.

Hoping you all will post lovely pictures!
    Old 06-14-2024, 07:32 AM

I’m in this weekend…..first time. Finishing month of May on my temperature quilt, getting a top done for charity quilt and start QOV.

tried to attach photo but says file is too large.