Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24 >
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

• Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

Old 07-12-2024, 04:57 AM

I'm putting a quilt together for my M-I-L. She had held on to appliqued blocks for three generations and wanted them made into a quilt. Every block was a different shape and color, so it was a challenge to find a way to add to them and still keep the 30's look. I'm using my 1911 Damascus treadle for the piecing and having a ball!
    Old 07-12-2024, 05:25 AM

I have a queen sized quilt to bind so that I can enter it in the local fall fairs. Minor problem--I 'thought' I had enough border fabric for binding but that is not the case. I am going to either make a flange binding or face the binding. Double the work but hopefully worth it in the end. Will post a pic when I can.
    Old 07-12-2024, 06:32 AM

I’m in. I plan to quilt 1 baby top a day for a total of 3 this weekend. If I can get to cutting out 3 pillowcases for guild charity, work I will work on those during my quilting time. Then bind my r/w/blk king size quilt for my niece. Yes, it’s the same one I’ve been procrastinating doing for the last several months. I want it done so I can Start new things. All I need to do is iron the binding and sew it on by machine. Happy sewing/quilting everyone.
    Old 07-12-2024, 06:52 AM

I am in again... but with very limited expectations. I have parts 2 and 3 on any mystery quilt to work on. Pieces cut, parts not difficult. Just lots of them. 60 of this 120 of that and so on. See you around the bend. with some kind of progress.
    Old 07-12-2024, 01:56 PM

Just getting back to some stitching now, I think I have just the pale yellow and all the purples left to stitch but haven’t checked that closely.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2619.jpeg  
    Old 07-12-2024, 03:20 PM

I'm in again. There are a few projects that need lots of attention. I've started to put my Easy Breezy (4" blocks) into a flimsy. And I'm starting to think about putting together some holiday quilts for my daughters.
    Old 07-13-2024, 04:01 AM

I'm a little late in joining but count me in. I've got a huge really ugly quilt to finish long arming, and I'm almost caught up with a "Piecing the Past" block of the week project. Today is going to be the day that I finish quilting "The Thing" Background: poor Thing was on the free table at a disaster relief church auction and somehow it ended up at my house to "see what you can do with it" Answer: Not much!
    Old 07-13-2024, 04:52 AM

I was able to finish the top that was tickling my brain. Then I finished the KD Brimming Over top that was side tracked by a “squirrel”. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails img_1887.jpeg  
    Old 07-13-2024, 05:33 AM

I only managed to get 3 pineapple blocks done yesterday. It was a day of feelings and I couldn’t get motivated to do more. I’m off to quilt guild this morning. 3 more blocks are probably all I will get done. My buddy likes to talk and distract me 😁. Maybe I will get some more when I get back home. It is too hot outside to do any yard work
    Old 07-13-2024, 05:37 AM

cjsews--the pineapple block is one of my favorite patterns

sschick--it's going to be in the 90s here too, almost makes me miss winter!

copycat--good luck reassembling your room

Rebecca_S--I had to look up Jacks Chain, I've never done one before. welcome back to VQW.

sync--I guess it is time to start thinking about hoilday gifts isn't it--maybe when I sort through some stuff in my room, I'll pull some patterns to make some gifts

Did a little sorting in my room yesterday. Was busy running errands and doing some housework. This afternoon I'm going to make homemade meatballs and meatloaf so that will cut into my quilting time!

Will check back in later