Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24 >
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

• Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

Old 07-13-2024, 07:21 AM

I'm in, been lurking since Thursday. I did get some sewing and pinning time yesterday, my goal today is to get the test top rows sewn together so I can send it to the designer on Monday. Then it's back to my crumb and orphan blocks to get them into some sort of lap quilt. Also some cleaning in between projects, DH just left to for a jam session with the musicians at church. Time to sew!
    Old 07-13-2024, 07:29 AM

Thimble - Very nice, your stitches are so even and I love the colors.

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Just getting back to some stitching now, I think I have just the pale yellow and all the purples left to stitch but haven’t checked that closely.
    Lena - I understand about the brain wanting to go in different directions, was this all from your stash? Its nicely balanced and such happy colors.

Originally Posted by Lena1952
    I was able to finish the top that was tickling my brain. Then I finished the KD Brimming Over top that was side tracked by a “squirrel”. LOL
    Old 07-13-2024, 07:58 AM

Yes, all free my stash. Every last piece! Not that I’ve used them all up mind you. There are plenty more in the stash!
    Old 07-13-2024, 09:50 AM

I think it's lunch time! At least in the central time zone, I have only 2 seams left. But they are the longest since this quilt is on point. This quilt is stretching comfort zone and piecing skills, but in a good way. So far everything has been lining up nicely.

Hope everyone is staying cool and getting things done. Happy sewing!
    Old 07-13-2024, 01:49 PM

Well, as expected I did not get very far at guild. I came home and finished the 3 blocks partially done. Only 9 more to go. I have enough of the little
    bird fabric to complete 12 blocks. They will go in the center and the rest surrounding blocks will have plain white fabric
    Attached Thumbnails img_1969.jpeg  
    Old 07-13-2024, 02:42 PM

dedemac--definitely not cool here and my sewing room is the hottest room in the house. I did get my QOV sandwiched today so that's an accomplishment. Hope to have the quilting finished by end of tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your evening!
    Old 07-13-2024, 03:39 PM

Celia - Those are too cute!!! That is one block I have yet to try, maybe in a few years.

I did get the top together this afternoon, then DH wanted to go up to my moms place and weed the yard. I have to admit it needed it, I have been trying to do it when I visit her Monday thru Friday, but there has been just too much sun. 20 miles north of us was very overcast and drippy, so we were able to pull all the weeds and cut out all the trees. One project done for a few months. Now to do a lap of stitching around the top and give it a good press? Or save the pressing until tomorrow and keep sewing tonight.

Heather sorry your room is hot in the summer, hopefully it is very conformable in the winter which is longer than summer for you, so more sewing!
    Old 07-13-2024, 04:52 PM

I spent the morning running errands and helping my middle DD pack for her two week vacation to visit her older sister. So there wasn't any time at my sewing machine today. Instead I've been relaxing on my comfy sofa and working on my "never-ending" hexie project.
    Attached Thumbnails img_1588.jpeg  
    Old 07-14-2024, 03:19 AM

Not much forward motion on my quilt. When I took a pic of the 4 columns, the "stripes" seemed wonky. Sure enough, last column was shifted 2 rows! The second pic shows: those 2 hot pink squares are supposed to line up with the single square to make a row of 3! Ripped and resewn. Today, I hope to complete and add 2 more columns! (11 in all)
    In case you are wondering, our floors are painted concrete with a sealant. No carpet, only rugs! I was wary when building home, but it's great.
    Attached Thumbnails pink-shell-4-strips-wrong.jpg   3-uneven-squares-pink.jpg  

Last edited by aashley333; 07-14-2024 at 03:24 AM.
    Old 07-14-2024, 02:04 PM

Yay! Finished my 2 projects for the VQW! 1- the neverending veteran Charity quilt on the longarm. Was stymied with what to do for a long time. 2- began and finished al Project Linus top (all boxed in - a fast one but still, nice to have tolhe top done).

Going to swap projects on the longarm tonight and hopefully do a small throw for a friend tomorrow