Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24 >
  • Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

• Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

Old 07-11-2024, 02:33 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend 7/12-7/14/24

Welcome to the steamy July VQW. It has been in the 90s today and will continue through the weekend here. So a good time to be in your sewing room working! I have a quilt of valor to quilt and bind and then hopefully make some presentation pillowcases. What are your plans?

Next VQW is August 9-11.
    Old 07-11-2024, 03:24 PM

I am working on pineapple blocks using my green and pink scraps. They are slow going but turning out pretty good. Quilt guild on Saturday will keep me on track too.
    Old 07-11-2024, 04:10 PM

I am machine quilting my BOM from last year’s guild paint chip project. I need to get it finished so that I can get quilting the twin baby quilts needed later this month! I don’t want to put this project away unfinished.
    Old 07-12-2024, 02:22 AM

I'm in this weekend. It is supposed to be super hot here in Upstate SC. I am working on a "trip around the world." I have 3 of the 4 quarters already sewn. I am using the tube strip method which seems to be much quicker than using individual squares and keeping track of all of them.

Shari
    Old 07-12-2024, 02:41 AM

Local project Linus is doing "Christmas in July" tomorrow so I have to cut fabric for that. (I'm also sewing up some HUGE stars from Christmas fabric)

Also have a charity project on the longarm that's still ongoing.
    Old 07-12-2024, 02:43 AM

Painters came last week and painted my ceiling in my sewing room. All wall art, quilts had to come down and furniture moved to the middle of the room. I will be putting the room back in order. I will try to declutter as I go. Wish me luck!
    Old 07-12-2024, 03:13 AM

I will be sewing the KD Brimming Over installments together and adding the finished borders. Squirrel! I jumped out to take care of a quilt idea that was tickling my brain. Now that quilt top is done, I can move back to what I should have been working on along. Can hardly wait to see what others are working on.
    Old 07-12-2024, 03:18 AM

Yeah! The weekend! I'm chugging away on a pixel quilt. I have 4 columns (out of 11) completed to pin/stitch together. Hope to complete and join 2 more! Each block is 100 squares that are cut 1.25". This part has been mostly 3 shades of pink, so I am excited to finally cut the other colors!
    Old 07-12-2024, 03:43 AM

It has been a long time since I joined, this lines up nicely with a full weekend of sewing I have planned while my spouse is away. I'm working on a Jack's Chain variation, which is the most difficult block I've made. Hoping to get the last blocks completed, and the stretch goal is to put some rows together as well. I have enough blocks on the design wall to see the complete pattern which gives a lot of motivation!
    Old 07-12-2024, 04:48 AM

Here in Iowa this weekend and into next week, we're to see temps in the 90's so decided to get my outside work done very early in the morning and then stay indoors for the rest of the day. Finally got started on Elizabeth Hartman's Dinosaur pattern, I'm making the larger size for a little guy around 2yo Want to make sure it grows with him. Got the 1st dinosaur all cut out and started sewing those tiny little pieces together yesterday. Tiny pieces are out of my comfort zone so wish me luck. So I'm working on 6 dinosaurs at a time in assembly line fashion.

When I was making the 1st cuts for all the fabrics, I found I didn't have quite enough for one of the fabrics so I substituted another just for the one piece I was short. I used all fabrics from my stash so not fat quarters. Some I used up all the fabric, some I have lots left over so the leftovers are all hanging up in fabric number fashion in case I goof up and need to recut.

I starched and pressed all my fabrics before hand including the background fabric which was not fun but I got it done.

But that's my plan for this weekend, work on the dinos.