Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting weekend 8/6-8/8/21 >
  • Virtual quilting weekend 8/6-8/8/21

• Virtual quilting weekend 8/6-8/8/21

Old 08-08-2021, 01:16 PM

I didn't actually clue in that there was a special weekend on, but since I did actually make some progress, I figured I'd join in and report. :-) I wrapped up the blocks for the final I Spy quilt of my "quints" series (now increased to sextuplets). I've just managed to get them joined together and decided that I would piece my binding for this one because I had so many offcuts from my novelty fussy cutting. Binding is ready to go. Need to cut the borders as well, but suddenly realized that all I have for batting right now is pieces about 10" wide and narrower - great for little projects, but not going to piece that much for one of these, so I'll be off to the LQS as soon as I can (they open on Tuesday).
    It's been great seeing all of your projects - such an amazing variety of ideas, styles, and visions. Always inspiring to browse here. Thanks so much for that!
    Old 08-08-2021, 01:38 PM

Thanks for hosting again this weekend Raggiemom, I managed to sandwich the baby quilt, and reorganize a shelf to fit my washed gifted fabrics into, now just cutting the pieces for my BOM tall buildings, but won't get much done as DD and family coming for dinner. Have a productive sewing evening!
    Old 08-08-2021, 02:03 PM

Oh shoot! I totally missed this again. I have had a maaaajorrr procrastination problem in making my leather, couch cushions. I started this project in late March and it still isn't done. It has been so frustrating working with my new, industrial machine. I feel like I got married to a serial killer and just now found out. As soon as these cushions are done, this machine is gone gone, gone! I really want to get back to quilting. I may drop this project for the weekend and work on a quilt with y'all. I need the therapy.
    Old 08-08-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom
    Here's what the alternating blocks look like and the initial layout. I added one more row of length to the magazine project, I will also be adding on an additional small border for a total of three, should be a reasonable twin size.

To me the framing of the blocks plus the triangles look like frog legs/feet

I have to look at what I have left of the frog print for my border. I had just enough for everything before I decided to add the extra row, I'm stretching what I can do pretty far with what I have. I don't think I can cut it well on the vertical direction. I don't think these frogs need to be all upright and most likely will be twisting and turning them every which way -- definitely will if I have to cut the border that way. Probably will even if I could cut it "perfectly".
    Your quilt is coming out really cute!!
    Old 08-08-2021, 02:54 PM
    Power Poster

Those are gorgeous blocks, QuiltingVagabond.
    Old 08-08-2021, 04:39 PM

Just as a quick followup to my post - I delivered two of the I Spy quilts this afternoon and here's the sixth quilt in progress. At the bottom you can see the backing, the borders, and the binding. Going to be a busy week this week, but hope to be able to get the batting at some point (maybe not Tuesday as originally hoped) so I can get this phase wrapped up. Wishing you all a productive finish to this weekend's endeavours!
    Attached Thumbnails img_6499.jpg  
    Old 08-08-2021, 04:44 PM

I got my scrappy 4P done and posted it in pictures. Also got started on the delectable mountain blocks. Thanks for the VQW
    Old 08-09-2021, 03:34 AM

QuiltingVagabond, I just adore seeing the HJ blocks in all the many difference color choices. Your work and colors are stunning and what fun for us all when you are finished. See you back on the HJ thread!.
    Old 08-09-2021, 05:16 AM

Very colorful with lots of "I Spy" finds.
    Old 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM
    Power Poster

Gemm, love the I Spy. The variety of block sizes really makes it look like a work of art!