Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

Old 08-08-2024, 04:44 PM

I'm in! Finishing up an Honor Flight and a Project Linus quilt. Getting the tail end of the heavy rains heading up the Eastern Seaboard in PA tomorrow so not venturing out. Plan on staying in my sewing room all day.
    As far as 'me' projects I have an awesome Halloween panel I've cut up and plan to intersperse with traditional blocks and a little embroidery.
    Old 08-09-2024, 02:29 AM

Good morning to you and all the wonderful quilters participating in the virtual quilting weekend!

I will be making a ruffle out of poly satin. So far, I've cut out the strips. I am finding a lot of strings to deal with on the raw edges..
    I had to cut out 2 x the length + 2 x the width to allow for the ruffle factor. Once I get the ends joined and the binding pressed in half, I will be ready to Ruffle! I will be using a Ruffler foot to make the ruffle.

Have fun with your Mom RaggieMom
    Old 08-09-2024, 03:03 AM

I’m back in as well. I’m working today teaching a class. If it’s not too hot for me to be in the studio without AC, I’ll have 6 Comfort quilts to prep for quilting. And 3 others to bind. It’s supposed to be some heavy rains so I’ll not be tempted to outside much. Hopefully, I can get lots accomplished. It’s great to “see” everyone again for a virtual quilting weekend!
    Old 08-09-2024, 03:24 AM

After two years of letting this sit, I thought it was time to get this quilted. It was supposed to be a gift for someone who told me they wanted something very bright and colorful and modern. They decided they didn't want it, so I got discouraged and let it sit. Wanting to get some UFOs finished, I pulled it out again. After showing a picture of it to my granddaughter, she loved it, so it will go to her. One person's trash is another person's treasure! Now to decide how to quilt it!
    Attached Thumbnails bright-drunkards-path.jpg  
    Old 08-09-2024, 03:39 AM

Count me in. I've got a batik flying geese quilt almost quilted.. The last row and borders need to be done then I have to make the binding. My friend loves to hand stitch binding to the back so I'd like to have this ready to give to her Sunday.
    I'm also maybe halfway done with piecing a scrappy which has gone together much more quickly than I thought it would.
    Old 08-09-2024, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Yes they are 2.5” squares, I didn’t have a pattern, but Macybaby posted one she had designed, not sure in what thread, and I really liked it, so I asked her if I could copy it. Her diagram had sashings but I didn’t want extra size.
    I bet it was in the 2.5 Birthday Swap thread. I can take it from here and locate it. I may even have her original photo saved in my files of suggestions from the group. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Happy quilting!
    Old 08-09-2024, 04:09 AM

I will definitely be in my studio this weekend. I finished my Pink Shell quilt last night, and I am not sure what to do next. I will Not start my next pixel quilt yet. I need a break from small squares. I'm thinking of making some much needed hot pads to replace my tired looking ones. I am working on a stained glass design of roses, so maybe I'll work on it. I do have a flimsy to sandwich...
    We'll see what gets done!
    Old 08-09-2024, 04:36 AM

Good Morning, Ashley I saw the thread with your pixel quilt, I bow to you! It's awesome!

I worked a little on some of the orphan blocks last night. Started to take my stash of crumb blocks and doing a border around a applique block I made around 10 to 15 years ago. I think this will be a wall hanging, the crumb blocks are just in strips so I'm still shuffling them.. I think I will put a second border of something calming then bind it.

It makes me smile when I look at it, and that is my goal in quilting.
    Attached Thumbnails dsci0646c.jpg  
    Old 08-09-2024, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by greaterexp
    After two years of letting this sit, I thought it was time to get this quilted. It was supposed to be a gift for someone who told me they wanted something very bright and colorful and modern. They decided they didn't want it, so I got discouraged and let it sit. Wanting to get some UFOs finished, I pulled it out again. After showing a picture of it to my granddaughter, she loved it, so it will go to her. One person's trash is another person's treasure! Now to decide how to quilt it!
    Lucky granddaughter! That is a really fun quilt!
    Old 08-09-2024, 08:07 AM

This is a stunning quilt, whoever said otherwise is unworthy.