Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

Old 08-10-2024, 09:36 AM

Thanks WMUTeach when I saw your avatar I remembered right away, doesn't normally happen since Covid, did something to my memory banks. Every time I need small bits I pull out my 2.5's and think about the swap. I'd bought a bunch of Moda 2.5 as well which is why my stocks so large. Ahem,,, at least it's what I tell myself.
    Old 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM

Finished the fronts of the pillows for my g-baby. Printed a Baby Yoda and Chewy onto fusible web... not sure if I'm using them as I had thought to make a button closure for the pillows. My heads dead I've an infected parotid (comes with my diseases) with the fever I've been in bed a bit too much. Which means I have made progress on my bee hexi's. Will get you photos when I start limbering up.
    Old 08-10-2024, 11:18 AM

Got stopped in my tracks making the backs of the pillows... there's a wasp in my sewing room. UGH! Husbands in his zero degree polar coat. Trying to figure out how to get rid of him.

I did get a start on the pillow backs, pulled and cut all the fabrics for Baby Yoda and Chewy. Was beginning the background.when I saw the intruder.

Old 08-10-2024, 11:35 AM

Guild was good today. We worked on blocks for a QOV. There were enough for over 1 1/2 quilts when I left
    Attached Thumbnails img_1992.jpeg  
    Old 08-10-2024, 11:46 AM

Wendy, good luck with the wasp and be careful.

Just finished making 300+ inches of bias binding, I love using bias binding but terrified cutting it with my rotary cutter. Only one oops and I can cut that part out and join the two ends. Taking a break to check the boards then we are walking into town and see what is happening at the city festival. Hope everyone is enjoying the VQW.
    Old 08-10-2024, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjsews
    Guild was good today. We worked on blocks for a QOV. There were enough for over 1 1/2 quilts when I left
    What a nice way to spend a Saturday Sew Day. Good results and more opportunities to bless a vet,
    Old 08-10-2024, 01:22 PM

Yesterday I found time while waiting for a friend and made a lined tote with one of my hand embroidery blocks I stitched a couple years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2669.jpeg  
    Old 08-10-2024, 02:36 PM

Well! The best laid plans and all that! Yesterday morning, they finally did the last sand on our new bathroom drywall. Yesterday afternoon, I primed and managed one coat of paint. Yes, I was exhausted!! Soooo...I thought I could get the second coat done today, no problem. Until DH reminded me that we had tickets to see our son in Much Ado About Nothing that was being presented as part of Shakespeare in the Park in a town about an hour away from here. Well, that did in the afternoon. Considering this was an amateur production (including a 94 year old gent as Hero's father) it was very well done and the rain held off thank goodness!

Tomorrow--paint the new bathroom. Clean up and hopefully trim and bind a lap quilt that I want to enter in the fairs. Oh! And piece a backing for a baby quilt so that I can play on my friend's Lenni on Monday--also for a fair entry. Piece of cake--right??
    Old 08-10-2024, 05:11 PM

Decided to just do the other tote this afternoon while the method was fresh in my mind. We had such a great walk this morning, and stopped for a beer and nachos so didn’t have to come up with an evening meal.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2671.jpeg  
    Old 08-10-2024, 11:33 PM
    Gay

My weekend is almost over so decided to post what I have done. Not as much as hoped, due to my son visiting yesterday, shop this morning, and a nose bleed both days, Am getting heartily fed up with them over the past month. The second pic are some other blocks done, almost 2 rows now, just to show they are not all green - nearly halfway.
    The 12" block has 66 pieces and the 8" one has 56. Took me longer to cut them out than sew, apart from have to un-sew some.
    Attached Thumbnails 10-11.jpg   12-13.jpg