Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--8/9/-8/11/24

Old 08-11-2024, 04:06 AM

Gay, love you color choices. Soft but full of eye interest. I see the look of perfection in your blocks.

My progress has been held up by the Olympics but I did get 16 blocks assembled and on the design wall. Hope to get more done before posting a photo.
    Old 08-11-2024, 04:35 AM

I did manage to get 3 potholders bound and done, but not until after dinner. In the morning, DH wanted to go to the beach. The water was so clear that I could wade out waist deep and still see my feet. I watched a baby crab follow its mama in the ocean! Then Mom's twice daily visit/care took the rest of my sewing time for the day. BTW, I bound one potholder with the bias seam on the outside! Didn't fix it. Looks fine.
    Today, I want to tackle flannel burp cloths. But now I am thinking about those cute tote bags....
    Old 08-11-2024, 05:48 AM

Well this last day of VQW I will be sandwiching and start quilting my latest finish. A lady came by our guild meeting and brought fabric she wanted to get rid of. There was a piece of black and white fabric just big enough for me. And it was all FREE. How lucky is that?
    I hope all have had a great weekend. Thanks for hosting Raggiemom
    Old 08-11-2024, 07:58 AM

Hi Kiddies, thinking I'm done. I got the one deadline item that I had so I figure I'm golden.

WMUTech-that's a lot of blocks, you go!!

Here's the front finished...

The back took on a life of it's own, 6 hours! Photos washed out, it's much more muchier in person,

And the Bzzzzzzzzzzzybeehexi

Need to print off my blocks to go with it so I can see where I'm headed,

Hope ya'll get done everything you wanna. Enjoy
    Old 08-11-2024, 08:25 AM

WendyMcD….your projects are so fun! Also interesting how you got your photos to post directly rather than just the small icon.
    Old 08-11-2024, 03:24 PM

WendyMcD--love the Yoda back!

Thanks for quilting with me this weekend. Mom and I are on our "mystery trip". She is trying to figure out the theme. It's roadside attractions . Today we saw a Lewis and Clark statue, a head butting statue, Lady Tron's Diner, Santa Claus (several things in the town). Tomorrow we'll enter Illinois . Might even stop at a quilt shop! See you all next month.
    Old 08-11-2024, 04:57 PM

WendyMcD - those are awesome! I was able to get all the binding pressed and measured (I made enough!!) But life got in the way today, or should I say DH guilt-ed me into going with him to a friends house while he worked on the wiring in the garage. 5 hours of wasted time for me. I was able to mark the quilt that I did the binding for, I'm going to try and apply the binding then trim so I don't have as many loose quilting threads. I plan on triming one side at a time while I hand stitch it down.
    Old 08-11-2024, 05:37 PM

I got one and a half blocks made from Bonnie’s leader/ender before DD messaged to see if DGD age 3 could come for the afternoon….sewing can wait, she is growing so fast!
    Thanks for the sew along everybody, and Raggiemom for hosting.
    Old 08-12-2024, 03:27 AM

My progress report isn't too impressive. I finished quilting the flying geese batik quilt, trimmed it and made the binding but didn't get it attached. Still working on random scrap nine patches and I probably will be working on these for the rest of the week.
    Old 08-12-2024, 07:51 AM

Well here is my contribution to the VQW. The blocks are laid out but not sewn together. I am considering sashing the blocks in white with the plum print as corner stones. The original pattern should have had one more row but I cut myself short on the small yellow print. I tried to "fudge" it but I needed less than a fat 8th to make the remaining segments for one block. Nope can't buy more, it was and older scrap donated to me and it did not have a salvage. Oh, well, it is all from stash and the extra partial blocks I have will likely go on the back in some fashion.

I did not do any quilting on my other VQW project. All I have is time and I can get'r done this week.....maybe.

See everyone Labor Day weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails 2024-08-12-24-mystery-quilt-first-layout.jpg