• Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- April 17-19 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- April 17-19

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- April 17-19

Old 04-19-2015, 08:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    What happened? Hope you're okay.
    Hubby was having some complications from losing part of his colon 18 months ago. They kept him overnight and should get him fixed up by tomorrow. Looooooooooog day in the ER before they admitted him, tho.
    Old 04-20-2015, 02:00 AM

While I didn't sign up to be part of this virtual weekend, I spent two days in my sewing room working to finish several small projects. I am happy to report my virtual weekend was successful, allowing me to move on to other projects to get started. Sometimes, I get so caught up in the planning, I find it difficult to actually begin a project. I am working on this and can report some degree of success.
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:31 AM

Such wonderful projects everyone was working on. And such variety.

My stitching weekend wasn't as successful as hoped. The mini is quilted and ready to bind but I just didn't feel like it. I DID get 3 pieces of ice dyeing done and am happy with the results. I also took advantage of a couple of sales and got a lot of yardage of assorted solids for future dyeing and fabric painting. 22.7 meters of fabric all washed and ironed so I guess there was stitchy progress, just not the type I was expecting.
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:35 AM

Here is the toilet seat cover. All I did was place a piece of newspaper on top and trace the edges, then I cut the pattern and added enough to turn in to make a casing. I didnt have enough of the yellow fabric so that is why a seam is down in the middle. Thought I would also show the curtain I made from 1" hexies.
    Attached Thumbnails cover.jpg   curtains.jpg  
    Old 04-20-2015, 07:27 AM

Ah man! I wish I had seen this before the weekend started! Next time I have to join in! Do they happen on a regular basis? I was a good girl and got quite a bit done this weekend on the quilt for my bed, despite getting a bunch of new fabric (naughty girl) that I ordered on sale from Joanne. I didn't think to take pictures though, so I'll have to lay them out tonight and get a pic. The blocks are 24" and I got 6 completed. I have 6 more to go. I always change my mind when designing and I'm still not sure what color pallet I'll use in the second set. First set are navy, grey and white. I'm was originally going to go with a dark teal, grey and white, but I'm thinking I want a bit more color. Thinking I'll go with pink and lime.
    Old 04-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Default what I got done

Finished all the strips on bargello, 9 on the right still have to be sewn into top. Put together my hexie kit for my summer traveling and at night while watching tv. Cut lots of hexies and even got some basted. The snap together case I got at joanns with coupon. Scissors, pins and needles are in the small top tray. I will just slip it into a cloth shopping bag.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20150420_103023.jpg   img_20150420_103208.jpg   img_20150420_103256.jpg  
    Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
    Here is the toilet seat cover. All I did was place a piece of newspaper on top and trace the edges, then I cut the pattern and added enough to turn in to make a casing. I didnt have enough of the yellow fabric so that is why a seam is down in the middle. Thought I would also show the curtain I made from 1" hexies.
    Did you tie the cover on or inserted elastic? Love it gives me a few ideas for our bath.
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:15 PM

The weekend was too great on the weather end for me to particpate - the garden was calling, but I sure enjoyed stopping for a break now and then and looking in at all your wonderful projects!! Hope you all had fun!
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
    Finished all the strips on bargello, 9 on the right still have to be sewn into top. Put together my hexie kit for my summer traveling and at night while watching tv. Cut lots of hexies and even got some basted. The snap together case I got at joanns with coupon. Scissors, pins and needles are in the small top tray. I will just slip it into a cloth shopping bag.
    Oh I just love the colors in your bargello!
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
    Big smiles for that toilet seat cover - and the curtain is sooo cute!