Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM

Just quit my job today so looks like I'll be able to sew/quilt/craft this weekend and for as long as I want. Just need to get organized today
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Thanks for hosting another VQW, Heather. I'm in! I'm working on my second barnyard quilt. Both of my toddler girls wanted one. All the blocks are done and I'm sewing up the garden-maze style sashing. I've never made two quilts from the same pattern back to back before, so I'm getting pretty keen to be done here!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616800[/ATTACH]

I would love to finish all the sashing and cornerstones this weekend, but we will see. My second baby girl is turning two years old on Sunday (can you imagine! Already!!) and we will be having some lovely family time with Nanna and Grandpa visiting.
    NZ Quilter love the Barnyard Quilt-was that from Eleanor Burns blocks or something else?
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:28 AM

So many fun projects everyone has planned!

Here are my two projects I want to finish this holiday weekend.

The wolf just needs some binding and then a label, simple enough if I actually get on with it.

The star I just finished trimming the pieces for and hope to get it sewn quickly. The yellow has turned out to be louder than I had anticipated or hoped. I'm afraid if I don't try to hurry and complete it and get black borders on it'll end up unfinished for way too long... I'm really banking on the borders to mute the yellow a pinch.
    Attached Thumbnails northern-star-yellow.jpg   wolf.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-30-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:30 AM

I am sandwiching an Honor Flight Quilt and doing some quilting on it. I would also like to plan my next project-thinking it may be a collage quilt using one of Laura Heine’s Patterns I picked up st the Hershey Show-it’s the small bear-couldn’t decide I love all her patterns.
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:40 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen
    Just walked back from the house build site and the carpenters are doing beautiful trim work on my new home. The shiplap looks stunning and closet organizers a dream...looks like I'll be hiring them to build my sewing furniture, too. The walk-in closet for my sewing room was specifically designed for Quilting supplies/stash and quilt storage. Shelves tall enough for bolts etc. It is fantastic. Now, pulling out sewing machine and getting busy....

Prayers for Florida quilting friends and families...
    Ooooh, I'm excited for you, Teen! Your new home and sewing space sound like a dream. Boy, are you going to enjoy that.

Originally Posted by janjanq
    Working on finishing this throw quilt made out of a charm square, layer cake, and black skinny strip jelly roll. Also making 3 table runners with the leftover fabric.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]616841[/ATTACH]
    Beautiful, looks like a stained glass window. I have a pattern that is similar, called "Simplish", but haven't made one yet.

Originally Posted by jessicalebo

The wolf just needs some binding and then a label, simple enough if I actually get on with it.

The star I just finished trimming the pieces for and hope to get it sewn quickly. The yellow has turned out to be MUCH louder than I had anticipated or hoped. I'm afraid if I don't try to hurry and complete it and get black borders on it'll end up unfinished for way too long... I'm really banking on the borders to mute the yellow a pinch.
    I like the yellow! That star is super stunning! Ditto the wolf quilt... it's just gorgeous!
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:43 AM

I haven't had a moment to sew yet today. I woke up with big plans of sewing up a storm. But it rained bucket loads last night and we have serious water leaking up stairs where the chimney is. We discovered the water damage a few weeks ago and thought we had fixed it last weekend. Back to the drawing board where it's all coming in.

Maybe I can still find time to sew this afternoon while the girls nap.
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nesie
    NZ Quilter love the Barnyard Quilt-was that from Eleanor Burns blocks or something else?
    Yes, it was inspired by her quilt along, but I changed up most of the blocks.
    Old 08-30-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by jessicalebo

The star I just finished trimming the pieces for and hope to get it sewn quickly. The yellow has turned out to be MUCH louder than I had anticipated or hoped. I'm afraid if I don't try to hurry and complete it and get black borders on it'll end up unfinished for way too long... I'm really banking on the borders to mute the yellow a pinch.
    Wow!!! These are both amazing!
    Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 AM
    Power Poster

I hope to join in on sunday with you gals. I have a few quilty things in the works and so I am hoping to sew on that day while hubby is golfing. I also want to sew two jumpers for my brother's baby for winter too. We will see which project gets the love.
    Old 08-30-2019, 10:21 AM

I'm in! Such cool projects underway, can't wait to see more progress pics!

I cut the pieces for a woven-look handbag yesterday and just finished sewing the strip sets, sort of a test piece for a quilt if I like the way it comes together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616849[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails wovenbagsets.jpg