Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--August 5-August 7, 2016 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--August 5-August 7, 2016

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--August 5-August 7, 2016

Old 08-06-2016, 05:42 PM

Wonderful work being done this weekend! Just finished binding this princess quilt for my grandniece. Will be racking an Avengers quilt for her brother on the frame tonight. Will post pics when finish. Hope to be finish by Monday, LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555460[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]555461[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails madisons-3a.jpg   madisons-4.jpg  
    Old 08-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
    Cutting area is done except for getting a new large mat. Three sides are glass fronted cabinets where I put my stash. They used to be along the wall, using them as a base freed up so much space in my room. I still have to organize the fabric better at a later time. other photos are shelves in corner for storage where the cabinets used to be, my ironing station, peg board for tools and rulers, books below shelves, my machine where I put the old cutting table behind it for more area to hold weight when quilting. It's coming together. Will vacuum and dust tomorrow, tired from moving furniture today.
    You turned your room upsidedown getting it organized !
    Old 08-06-2016, 06:08 PM

know I promised a picture of DD Storm at sea that still needs more quilting--but at a Guild presentation of 140 quilts to VN and more recent Vet's today, I got to stand for 5 hours! Can't move right now--so picture tomorrow night!
    Old 08-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Progress report.

Slogging away at the Amazon star. The central part of the star is done.

Tomorrow, I will construct the inset pieces--the subunits are all done, but they need to be built--and then...it's time for Y-seams! If you want to see the star larger, just click on it and it should take you to my Phitobucket.

I started at the end of my list--with the shortstop project--the two blocks for $5 quilt club on Friday.

Here they are:

Last edited by Krisb; 08-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    Old 08-06-2016, 06:33 PM

So much fun to see everyone's projects! Lovely! And what a fabulous sewing room -- looks really great!

Today I had a bunch of chores and then went to see a movie. When I came home I made my anchoring quilting seams -- 1 vertical, 3 horizontal and in the ditch. These were my first quilting lines ever, and it shows in spots. I am thinking about whether I should rip out the bad seams, or at least the areas that my seaming strayed a bit away from the ditch.

Mmmmm.

Tomorrow I'll deal with that if I decide I can't live with the imperfections. I'll also try to get up my gumption to do some more straight-line seams. I'm having a good time !
    Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 PM
    Power Poster

Ontheriver, great quilting room! I LOVE the floor in there. What is it?

Tonight I played with my Row by Row license plates. I already put a bunch in my quilt, and planned to make a tote bag for some more of them. So I did manage to get the outer bag done. Just need to make the lining with all of its pockets and put it in, maybe tomorrow. I'm gonna love this bag!

Just the outside is done, so far...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555466[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555467[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc02690-small-.jpg   dsc02692-small-.jpg  
    Old 08-06-2016, 10:32 PM

I really hadn't planned on joining because I didn't know if I would have the time. Well things went better than expected and I do have time to join. Finished a scrappy string pieced throw size quilt. I am now understand why there seems to be now end to the scrap bin. These scraps were the remains of another throw sized quilt with 4 three eights yards of purchased fabric to add a bit of interest. I swear there's enough leftover for another quilt. Thank goodness I love batiks.
    Also used the yardage I bought for backing that didn't work for another quilt. So glad to see this put to use. I used the fun and done style quilt as you go. A walking foot would have made all the binding seams much neater. I need to stop procrastinating about buying one.
    Old 08-07-2016, 02:56 AM

Here are the parts and pieces of the blooming nine patch I am doing. It is a class and I'm glad of that because I don't think I could have figured out the instructions without Carol.

Sorry about picture quality, I shake and even leaning on something doesn't help a great deal.
    Attached Thumbnails blooming-nine-patch-process-2.jpg   blooming-nine-patch-process-1.jpg  
    Old 08-07-2016, 02:56 AM

I am working on a raggedy brick quilt also and will try and get some pictures of that a little later.
    Old 08-07-2016, 02:57 AM

I didn't think I was going to get any sewing time this weekend because it has been so beautiful here on the coast of Maine...but I did manage to assemble my Allietare quilt top and have now cut out the 1 1/2 strips for the inner border. I also finished the last of 30 scrappy Arkansas Crossroads blocks so I can start assembling the quilt top. Today, I will work in the garden...