Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version

Old 07-05-2019, 08:29 AM

janjanq-love your braided project and especially love your fabrics. Sorry but I can't help you with your problem. Just wanted to tell you it is really pretty and love the black sashing. We have all been there-trying to work up a pattern on our own. I am sure someone on this board will come forward and help you out. Good luck
    Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 AM

I'm in. Have just returned home from a few days away. Still have a few rows left to quilt from the last VQW. Hopefully they'll be finished this weekend.
    Old 07-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Took a little road trip today to a shop I had not yet visited. It's in an Amish community in southern Indiana so we enjoyed a yummy buffet lunch too.
    I bought some 30s fat quarters and a few yards of tiny prints as well as some heat resistant mylar for applique templates.
    Old 07-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Janjanq, I like the braids going in opposite directions. Colors are beautiful.

My morning was spent in frustration trying to do a couple things on the computer that I never did accomplish! But this afternoon I sandwiched a quilt and cut several projects. Tomorrow I’m quilting with friends.

Will check back in tomorrow afternoon 😀
    Old 07-05-2019, 05:36 PM

No quilting because my sewing room is hotter than Hades during the summer. I've been going through my project remments and making headbands. Today I went shopping for elastic and found some Kaffe Fassett fabric at a bargain price. Not one of my favorite patterns so I only bought a quarter yard to make a headband.
    Old 07-05-2019, 07:32 PM
    Power Poster

Love all the pictures of everyone's work! More pictures! I ended up going out of town this weekend. a very last minute decision. But I got this quilt done before I left:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614562[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_5316.jpg  
    Old 07-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Good evening all, I finally got the borders completed on the original 20 yo project. Gosh, I should have stopped at WM and picked up some batting so that I could sandwich the project. That project is getting to be a project with each day that passes. I got all of my blocks completed for the second project and I am now trying to set them together. I am trying to work on a small project of a pillow-slip that is made-up from the 'Pokemon' print fabric and it too is giving me fits. Glad there is a tomorrow but, it's not always promised to you. Have a sew-full evening everyone

Cherryb
    Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 AM

Red face Awesome design with your charm pack!

Originally Posted by Iceblossom
    Lovely work all. Well, my previous guestimates as to how long it would take me in actual vs. real time were about right. Just off the corner trim, here is Preemie Quilt 2.

I like the way you staggered your row of charms squares. Your quilt turned out great! You have inspired me to pull out my collection of charm sq packs and get busy! Thank you for sharing a picture!
    Old 07-06-2019, 03:33 AM

Yesterday I got some quilting done on a project. I completed the top in March, I think. I'm about half-way through the quilting, just straight SID, but won't get any done today. I'm traveling 3+ hours to Houston for a memorial service for a sister-rider. It will be long, & sad. She's the second in our Texas group to die in June. Even if I get home at a decent hour, I'll be too drained emotionally to sew.
    Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Just beginning a baby quilt for a friend due in October. I ran across a pattern that I loved yesterday so I thought I had better strike while the iron was hot, as I haven't been feeling inspired to do anything lately.

Here's a peek at the colours I'm using, plus white....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614566[/ATTACH]

Watson
    Attached Thumbnails babypattern3.jpg