Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Old 01-19-2018, 04:08 PM
    Power Poster

You can do it, Jane!

Patrice, so nice of you to make a project to support your husband's hobby.

Teen, those stars look perfect! I admire how well you turned those edges (my nemesis.)
    Old 01-19-2018, 05:11 PM

I am in. Will be working on preparing some quilt tops (i.e. batting and backing).
    Old 01-19-2018, 05:20 PM

I finished machine appliquing 12 of 20 stars and the DH said he was hungry. Geesh... We ate out for 2 meals today so I offered to make dinner or this would irritate me..lol! Anywhoo...closed the sewing nook for the day and will pick it back up tomorrow. I'd like to, at least, finish appliqués and cut fabric for pieced blocks, which shouldn't be a problem. Then, on Sunday, I can sew and do laundry all day. Fingers crossed!,
    Old 01-19-2018, 05:25 PM

I was working on my Bonnie Hunter mystery today. Here are some of the units I have sewn and a picture of the leader/ender units I'm making. The leader/enders will go together for the border on a baby quilt I'm working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587368[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587369[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0628.jpg   img_0629.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2018, 06:54 PM

wow--some amazing work! I spent the afternoon realizing that the backs for 2 lap quilts I hope to get quilted by next weekend were both too small! So had to do some creative piecing on them--hopefully will get one started on Sunday--teaching beginners quilt class all day tomorrow.
    Old 01-19-2018, 07:02 PM

I had a productive day, although nothing is actually finished.

"Christmas on Ringo Lake Revisited" is webbed together. This is my second Bonnie Hunter quilt, made from my leftover blocks (my original uses only 32 blocks, as I made it smaller). Probably a donation quilt, but first I have to rethink the borders, because I don't have as much fabric left as I thought I did.[ATTACH=CONFIG]587375[/ATTACH]

I pulled a UFO out of my closet to test out a new pantograph for a client. So, bonus project! And, her quilt is almost done- but so am I, so it will have to wait until morning to be completed. Binding on my UFO will happen tomorrow too.[ATTACH=CONFIG]587376[/ATTACH]

Now, I'm taking a break. If I can keep my eyes open, I'll do some binding on my real January UFO. I'd love to finish it this weekend, but that's doubtful.
    Attached Thumbnails p1191262.jpg   p1191261.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2018, 07:11 PM

I am in, though life will get in the way. Today I worked at the sexual abuse recovery center, tomorrow I need to take a dog to Tractor Supply and give her a bath, among other things. I have a baby quilt ready to bind and a wedding quilt being FMQed that is not going well, but I need to make it do so without too much frogging. Those two are sharing a 301, a 15 clone has a prayer quilt started piecing and the Elna just finished repairing a friend's jacket. This may be the weekend I figure how to get pictures from my phone to the computer. My camera isn't working.
    Old 01-19-2018, 08:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen
    I finished machine appliquing 12 of 20 stars and the DH said he was hungry. Geesh... We ate out for 2 meals today so I offered to make dinner or this would irritate me..lol! Anywhoo...closed the sewing nook for the day and will pick it back up tomorrow. I'd like to, at least, finish appliqués and cut fabric for pieced blocks, which shouldn't be a problem. Then, on Sunday, I can sew and do laundry all day. Fingers crossed!,
    Teen, tonight I made a big pot of Taco soup and a pan of cornbread so I won't have to cook all weekend! If I have leftovers in the fridge, hubby just helps himself. I can sew without having to stop to cook meals.

I finished a charity quilt tonight, to take to meeting tomorrow and donate. I will show pics tomorrow, after I upload them.
    Old 01-19-2018, 09:29 PM

The angel is not finished but will be given to a friend battling cancer. My snow cat sweatshirt is for me. Worked on both today, plus got the laundry done. Will start 2 BOM tomorrow. Home alone for the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails img_7817.jpg   img_7820.jpg  
    Old 01-20-2018, 03:22 AM

Lindaschipper...congratulations on the coming addition of a grandchild. Don’t forget to share your baby quilt with us.

Nan, I love your tote bag and the quilt looks wonderful too.

Sync, your BH pieces look great but love the border pieces you are making. I never thought of that as an ender/leader project. Great idea!

I have not touched my BH quilt as I thought I might...instead I have been rummaging through 5 large garbage bags of fabric an notions. A gentleman who worked for me, his MIL passed away over Thanksgiving and she had been a quilter... so he passed her stash on to me. Many of the fabrics were not of great quality but I did find some worth keeping in addition to boxes upon boxes of thread on wooden spools. There were a few sales slips pinned to yardage of fabrics that sold for $1.33/yd. That tells you how long some of it had been sitting around.