Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016

Old 07-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Giraffe is done! Pretty much nothing else got done this weekend (well, 2 customer baby quilts are complete, so that's something). Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to work on something new - work first though, because it's not a holiday here.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]553371[/ATTACH]
    Old 07-03-2016, 05:24 PM

I love reading through the posts to hear what everyone is working on this weekend. I sewed a little this morning until my son called and asked if I wanted to come over. My DIL and him were painting some of the walls in the house they purchased last week and I had previously told him I would come over and help clean. I didn't need to do much as his in-law family helped last night but it was fun getting to know his MIL a little bit better and helping some.

Connie
    Old 07-03-2016, 06:11 PM

I packed up the modern 4 patch and disappearing 4 patch top along with some leftover fabric and blocks. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to put borders on it to turn it into a king sized bed quilt instead of the wall quilt I was going to make out of a reworked UFO. I'll let it sit for a while and then take another look to see if any fresh ideas have percolated. I'm a little bummed because I was really looking forward to quilting it this weekend, but I'm really happy with the direction that the pieced top is gong in, so I think it will be worth while to let it sit for a while.

I haven't decided what I'm going to work on tomorrow, either another UFO (there are two I really want to get done for Christmas presents for my granddaughters), or an Edita Sitar pattern that will encourage me to improve my piecing techniques.

I'm really enjoying hearing ( and seeing) what everyone else is working on this weekend.

Rob
    Old 07-03-2016, 07:30 PM

Reggiemom looking good!
    Kristakz, great finish.
    My progress: the red/white is the May block for our guild's BOM, was going to do June but had to wash red fabric
    6" blocks are 6/14 & 6/15 365 Challenge [ATTACH=CONFIG]553373[/ATTACH]
    More appliqué stitched on Friendship quilt too. Hope to finish tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 07-03-2016, 08:41 PM
    Power Poster

I'm enjoying everyone's pictures... how fun is this?!
    Old 07-04-2016, 04:24 AM

My picture seems to have disappeared. Trying again.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]553381[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p7030875.jpg  
    Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Love the way the background triangles interact with the triangles that make up the giraffe's body! Way cool, Kristakz.

Maniac quilter, I can't wait to see your finished quilt. Those blocks are beautiful.

It's so much fun to look at what everyone else is working on. I still haven't decided what to work on for today. It would be nice to find a spot to put up a bigger design wall, speaking of which: How's yours going Zozee?

Rob<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
    Old 07-04-2016, 08:15 AM
    Power Poster

The giraffe is amazing... but when I look at all those tiny triangles-- UGH. Not for the faint of heart, that's for sure! You did a beautiful job Krista. I'm sure the smaller one was harder and more fiddly than the big one.
    Old 07-04-2016, 08:50 AM

I'm working on my Cherry Pop quilt. I have to use a borrowed machine as my tension is off on my Bernina and had to take her in. My friend's doesn't fit down in my cabinet like I'm used to but I'm ready to quilt and want to get that done before surgery in a week so might just attempt it. It might work ok with the walking foot...we'll see. Happy sewing everyone.
    Old 07-04-2016, 09:40 AM

Love the giraffe! I started to really like paper peicing like that. I've got a dragon pattern I really want to make.

Been working furiously on the Row by Row. I have one more row to finish (I'm coloring it with crayons) and then I'll have all 12 complete and I can make the center ( that is where the plates go) and then put them all together.

Here are the ones I completed this weekend. Was getting tired of applique so the petals are sewn, turned and left loose (like a real sunflower)

I added the "wall drug" sign. That is the mileage from my house where the quilt will be on display.

This is the one that took the longest, but I decided to free hand satin stitch the panel with the words.

These next two were already cut, so I only did the stitching this weekend. This one had three birds around each birdhouse, but I figured if there were three birds, there is probably some fighting going on.

I made different quilts for this, the pattern had applique and I wanted pieced. They are 2" square.

This one just needed the pheasant appliqued on

This one was done except for the embellishments. It was suppose to be yo-yo flowers, but I could not get them to turn out decent so gave up and went with something I knew I could do. This is the one I modified the most - so it looks like my house!

Last edited by Macybaby; 07-04-2016 at 09:43 AM.