Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019

Old 07-27-2019, 12:40 PM

Watson- yes! He’s coming to my LQS in mid Aug. it’s a two day workshop- I’m really excited about taking it!

Rob
    Old 07-27-2019, 01:52 PM

geevee, love your bag!

I finished the hunters star pieces today so I can start sewing the blocks together next week. I have a couple meetings at church tomorrow so won't be able to sew anything until the afternoon.
    Old 07-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Went to the smaller quilt show today, parking was rough but I got a spot! Some nice quilts, got a few ideas bubbling around in my head.

My BFF who just came to visit a week ago called yesterday to let me know she is going to be having some medical issues. Caught early, good prognosis but scary as these things are. I need to put together a comfort quilt quickly. I have the backing fabric in mind (a happy golden yellow background with darker-than-primary flowers) and am reviewing various options for the top. She loves the outdoors and gardening, I'm thinking of fairly vibrant medium-large scale florals in a four-patch with a narrower sashing (I have a mossy sort of fabric that might be good) and corner stones of some sort. Or maybe the 3-strip sashing that becomes a 9-patch in the corners.

The possibilities are endless, but time is not. Looks like the paper pieced blocks may have to wait.
    Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM

I just finished two lap quilts for a shower present for a friend's daughter.

I would post pictures but I don't know how to. Any help would be appreciated.
    Old 07-27-2019, 02:19 PM

Donac, it took me quite a bit of trial and error before I could post pictures here. There is a pretty darn good tutorial in the FAQ but what I see on my screen with my heavily guarded system is not what the screen shots show
    edit: Here's the FAQ section, photo questions are stickied to the top
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/

My camera is digital but it is not modern in the least! It does have software but I don't seem to be able to do what I want/need there.

My biggest problem is that the file size of my pictures is too large. I go to this limited but free and doesn't set off my virus scanners site:
    https://www.reduceimages.com/

And speaking of pictures, I wanted to post this top that I worked on during the June Virtual weekend. This morning I pieced the back and cut the binding strips. I'll be using the high quality cheetah print flannel for the back and binding. I'll be using a tan thread and quilting in a paw print design going around the outer black border, the inner area will be a paw print meander with the same tan thread.
    Attached Thumbnails here-kitty-backs.jpg  
    Old 07-27-2019, 03:19 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615342[/ATTACH]
    Making good progress on my applique block. It helps to have something to watch (mostly listen) on TV and air conditioning.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20190727_182854.jpg  
    Old 07-27-2019, 06:37 PM

almost finished with the majority of quilting on one of my own quilts (started the piecing about 9 yrs ago!). Hope to finish it tomorrow after a church picnic--and then may even start on marking a friend's Judy Niemeyer quilt that goes on the frame next. I think it will actually take many hours to quilt.
    Old 07-27-2019, 07:07 PM

got my cutting table cleared and all my crumbs spoken for giveaway

sewed a curtain--or tried--was having trouble sewing or cutting a straight line. Drank some wine, no improvement. I gave up.
    Old 07-27-2019, 08:29 PM

Just found this VQW. I've been busy finishing quilts that have been WIP's for ~ 1 yr. Got binding on two and two quilted, now they need binding and labels.

I've had trouble taking and resizing pics. In my computer resizing is reduce images. Still can't get them to poste.
    Old 07-27-2019, 11:03 PM

Donac, Iceblossom, If you use Windows, you can just open Paint and reduce the size of jpg files there. That's how I do it... Using the tree icon in QB never worked for me. I use the blue 'Go Advanced' button, and add a photo to a post that way.