Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015

Old 08-01-2015, 03:32 AM

annette1952, glad you're joining us!

PenniF, there is a pattern called Just Can't Cut It which is great for large prints that you just don't want to cut into little pieces. I can't remember who makes it.

sewbizgirl, love that bright fabric!

skhf, your baby quilt is adorable.

I need to finish getting some stuff together for the Open Sew today and tomorrow's wool applique class. And the cats would probably like me to spend a few minutes loving them before I'm gone all day.

Taughtbygrandma, love the puppies and the block. That will make an awesome quilt.
    Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 AM

Had 7 batik charm pks that didn't know what to do with, so got some purple fabric and am making a D9P. Can't post pictures until we get a new camera
    Old 08-01-2015, 04:31 AM

No quilting this weekend, but I will be at my emb. machine, Need to decorate some Wal-Mart t-shirts for an upcoming show.
    Old 08-01-2015, 05:25 AM

The power went out last night before I finished my binding, so I finished that up this morning. I started this tree about 2 years ago, so it's nice to finally have it done. I have some ideas for embellishment on the tree, and have to decide whether to add the lights or not, but it is in a hang-able state now, so I'm calling it a finish
    I did get my 20's flapper dress done yesterday, too - just need to embellish the headpiece.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]526579[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]526580[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p8010401.jpg   p8010403.jpg  
    Old 08-01-2015, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    For the Canadians, why is it a long weekend? Enjoy it!
    I don't think anyone answered this. It's "Civic Holiday" here - goes by different names in other provinces. I really didn't know where it came from so I looked it up. Apparently it is a standard day for celebrating a city's birthday. I consider it just a good reason for another long weekend in the summer. One per month seems like good planning to me
    Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 AM

I am working on a baby quilt. I need to pin the batting and backing to the top and quilt it. It shouldn't be too difficult to finish. I also have to work outside some pulling weeds and mowing. It promises to be a busy weekend. I'll stop back in later with a photo of my baby quilt in progress.
    Old 08-01-2015, 06:55 AM

Still working on my red/white/blue from the 4th. I won't be able to join you guys today, but I'll be here tomorrow.
    Old 08-01-2015, 08:13 AM
    Power Poster

Pretty puppy block and baby quilt... thanks for sharing pictures.
    Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 AM
    Power Poster

That's a beautiful Christmas quilt, Krista. I love the stars and snowflakes that surround it. Glad you got it done. I was joking with some knitting friends last night (about our knitting projects) and we decided "friends don't let friends have UFOs...", LOL.

The flapper dress... is that for a costume party or a part in a play? Good job on that.
    Old 08-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Such pretty pictures - I fall in love with them all, and my bucket list gets longer and longer!

I'm taking a short break - here is what I've got done so far. I wasn't going to do this, but started on them Wednesday and was having so much fun I figured I might as well go for the prize.

I'm doing all South Dakota - and had wanted to get all of them as this is the first year any from SD participated, and there were not all that many. However one on the east side was sold out when I stopped, and I've not gotten back there, and my friend was able to pick me up 5 of the 8 on the west side when she was out there for vacation last week. So I'm missing 4, and may see about getting them later. This is going in the Machine Shed - right as you walk in the door. The space is about 6' x 10' so this will be a bit of an odd size when finished.

Here they are so far - I have one more that is done that didn't get a picture taken, one that is almost done, and two more to do. I'm going with plain sashing so putting them together should be the easy part.