Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

Old 07-02-2017, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by qltnmom
    Yesterday and today I finished handsewing on a carpenters wheel table topper. I also quilted and faced a table runner. Tonight, I plan to ado the handsewing on the table runner while watching the tube.
    gltnmom, this is gorgeous it has been on my bucket list for years. I hate to ask but, are you permitted to share the link to the pattern. If not please PM me. The cats are cute also.

giguilt, I thought that I was the only one having Wi-Fi problems, I guess it's just in the airway.

tscweaves, that wall hanging is turning out pretty. Those sweatshop are the reason for the electric machines.

thimblebug6000, I tried that and it didn't allow me to turn it on my laptop, my computer must be older.

Watson, loving that piece

Well VQW'ers I'm off to church this morning and then getting my DGS prepared to move in a couple of weeks, so I'm not planning much as far as progress. Really didn't get that much completed yesterday but, there is always tomorrow. As my late grandfather would say,"tomorrow, if the creek don't rise." You quilters enjoy your day and try, try, try to accomplish something pretty for all to see.
    Old 07-02-2017, 07:06 AM

I did sew lots of my hst units into zig zag units yesterday but not quite done with them yet. Hope to get them pressed and joined into larger units today, don't think I'll get to actually making them into a border for my quilt today though. We are having lovely weather and spent time at Canada Day celebrations in town yesterday.
    Love seeing and hearing about everyone's projects, thanks so much for sharing as we go along.
    Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Just finished this Civil War print block. Its #6 of 8 for my project. If anybody knows the name of this block, please let me know. I saw it somewhere on line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575677[/ATTACH] So many lovely things are being posted here. Love looking at them all.
    Attached Thumbnails sam_0280.jpg  
    Old 07-02-2017, 07:51 AM

I made my January block for the Quilting Bee yesterday and I did some hand quilting but I had to go to the grocery and then cook so I didn't have as much free time as I wanted. I cooked enough yesterday that we will have leftovers today and I am going to concentrate on my hand quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]575679[/ATTACH]This is a picture of my Album Frame block.
    Attached Thumbnails january-album-frame-1.jpg  
    Old 07-02-2017, 08:26 AM

I'm on vacation, but brought some handiwork to do. DD and I are embroidering some Dresden blocks. Can't post pics from phone...
    Old 07-02-2017, 08:46 AM

So much wonderful sewing happening! I am testing out my newly replaced cataract-free lens with some paper piecing. My vision isn't 100% but it isn't any worse either, hopefully I will get even better vision when I have the second eye done on Wednesday.
    I already had the diamond borders sewn, just pressed them this morning and worked on the smaller cornerstone star.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]575683[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20170702_123636.jpg  
    Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 AM

QuiltingVagabond that is going to be gorgeous.
    Old 07-02-2017, 10:15 AM
    Power Poster

Wow... some gorgeous stuff's been posted! Beautiful piecing, paper piecing, and all of that applique is just KILLING me! Love it so much! Not to mention the awesome handwork... What a talented group.
    Old 07-02-2017, 10:29 AM

Holy cow! lots got done while I napped yesterday!!!! It's a lot of fun to see what everyone's doing.

Jan- the temperature quilt is designed to record the high and low temperatures for each day of the year. I decided to do mine using HSTs since I felt like I needed to improve my accuracy with them---OY---what was I thinking, that means 62 HSTs each month sewn into two columns---each column has 31 (even though some months have fewer days, I decided to add a place holder (black and white HSTs at the bottom of the columns for months that had fewer than 31 days--the other light colored HSTs are not white, they got bleached out in my photo). I assigned a separate color for temps based on 10 degree ranges, so 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc. The column to the farthest left records the high temps for Jan., the one next to it is the low temps for Jan. the column farthest to the right is low temps for June. As you can see from the bright orange/red we've already had several days where the high temps were in the 90s.

Sew biz--- LOL, definitely not a lady, though my parents did try to teach me good manners

Here's the temp quilt that I worked on yesterday and today:
    Attached Thumbnails img_1231.jpg  
    Old 07-02-2017, 10:43 AM
    Power Poster

Wow, that's a lot of HSTs!