Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 PM

I have really enjoyed taking part in this virtual quilting weekend even though I didn't get as much accomplished as I thought I would. My 9th DGGC was born on July 5th to my oldest DGD in California and it was a rough delivery so I was on needles and pins but thank God after a C section mom and baby are doing great. I was a nervous wreck when I heard there were difficulties so my day was pretty much wasted. I did get quite a bit of hand quilting done on my wholecloth quilt top and I enjoyed all of the eye candy that everyone posted.
    Old 07-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I have really enjoyed taking part in this virtual quilting weekend even though I didn't get as much accomplished as I thought I would. My 9th DGGC was born on July 5th to my oldest DGD in California and it was a rough delivery so I was on needles and pins but thank God after a C section mom and baby are doing great. I was a nervous wreck when I heard there were difficulties so my day was pretty much wasted. I did get quite a bit of hand quilting done on my wholecloth quilt top and I enjoyed all of the eye candy that everyone posted.
    Congrats on your DGGC. Glad it has a happy endig. Hoping to see you at the next VQW, Aug 4th thru 6th.

Last edited by Just Jan; 07-08-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Old 07-08-2017, 09:05 PM

Thanks Just Jan. I am marking the dates on my calendar now.
    Old 07-09-2017, 10:04 AM

On post#51, I said I would finish up the "Folded Strips Bag" by Man Sewing the next day. Several family things got ahead of the bag...But here it is and the link to Rob's video on MSQC:
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/land...860.1499614092

The bag is great and I will use it to temporarily house charity quilts that are done until the next guild meeting. Right now they get stacked and often get moved a few times. I have had this quite colorful Kaffe jelly roll for awhile and needed a fun project. The bag will not stand by itself and is definitely a shoulder bag done the way the video shows.

I didn't get everything done last weekend but this one is not a UFO! Now to find that pattern I was looking for last weekend in previous post.
    Attached Thumbnails bag-man-sewing-1.jpg   bag-man-sewing-2.jpg  
    Old 07-09-2017, 10:40 AM

I love everyone's lovely projects. Like:

- Fabric Glore #191 = Congrates on your new 9th DGGC, so glad everything turned out okay.

- petthefabric = Such pretty quilts.

- Reggiemom #187 = Your room looks so clean and organized. Nice job! I notice you have a lovely window view from your sewing machine station. Maybe that should be my next VQA goal. ?

- D. Henson #184 = Such lovely finishes.

- Cash Mom #178 = Your chairs are so pretty. Was that hard to redo?

- Sewbizgirl #179 = when you are done with your top. we would like to see pics. Was your fabric choice from your stash or kit? your blocks are lovely.

TSCwears #158 = your Bargello looks so lovely. It looks great hanging on your wall.

BattleAxe #164 = Congrates on Your finished EnProvence it is so lovely. Mine is sitting in pieces on my ironing board. I have another weeks worth of work to complete, but I have 2 other projects I'm working on 1st.

Au Quilter #194 = Lovely bag. I like the idea of it holding completed projects to go to your next guild meeting.

This month I finished all my 80 blocks on 2.5' log cabin blocks and squared them up and have the 8 rows pinned together. I just have to sew the rows together and decide on borders and then it's done. Another weeks worth of work. Should be done prior to next month's VQA. I'm making slow progress. Goodbye until next time, enjoy sewing!!!
    Old 07-09-2017, 07:32 PM

Chairs weren't hard at all. I spent more time getting the seats off the chairs than I did covering them. All you need is a staple gun and some 1/4" staples. It goes pretty easy, but I have to say that my hands got kind of tired from stretching the fabric and working the staple gun.

My mom and dad did a set of chairs many years ago and my mother went on and on about how hard it was so I never tried it. I lived with these chairs with old peach covers on the seats for over 10 years because I thought they would be hard to recover. Then I had some bed steps that my dog uses to get on the bed that were old and stained and I wanted to recover them so I tried it. Once I found out how easy it was I decided to do the chairs, too, and I'm so glad I did.