Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019

Old 11-08-2019, 05:07 AM

I have to make a pillow cover which shouldn't take too long then back to the Christmas ornament quilt I'm trying to get done......lol
    Old 11-08-2019, 05:20 AM

I'll be joining in as much as I can. This morning I have to do the grocery shopping, which will probably take all morning. Tomorrow we have a friend's wedding to attend and Sunday we are hoping to install a few new windows. But I can sew this afternoon and on Monday! I finished quilting the main part of a quilt yesterday, and my goal is to finish quilting th borders and hopefully start the binding. I love the feeling of getting so close to finishing a quilt!

Look forward to seeing everyone's projects!
    Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 AM
    Power Poster

I'm in!
    I'm working on a Christmas quilt titled Candy Wrappers- it's such a cute pattern. Hope to get it all pieced by the end of the weekend.
    It's the first thing I've made that isn't for my new granddaughter born in September!
    Old 11-08-2019, 05:44 AM

A quilting marathon is more likely what I will need to be doing. Especially if I need to totally re make a new quilt. I will have a better idea later today if I need to make another baby quilt and if I do then it will be more that virtual but virtual marathon quilt weekend. Looking forward to getting the quilting juices running.
    Old 11-08-2019, 06:06 AM

Thanks for hosting again Raggiemom! I’m in! I want to finish the last blocks on a Queen size quilt and get it off my design wall and on my longarm. Like most of my projects I get about halfway done, then other things require my attention, and it lingers while I find my mojo to get going again.
    Old 11-08-2019, 07:27 AM

Yes I’ll be working on my churn dash blocks for a charity quilt. They said neutral colors work best for the auction and it’s been a bit hard for me as I love bright colorful quilts.
    Old 11-08-2019, 08:00 AM

I’m in, I want to quilt and finish a few tops. Then wash and iron my black fabric for BHMQ 2019, so I’m ready for Her 1st clue.
    Old 11-08-2019, 08:05 AM

So this is the "next" project or the project with no name, posted it in the most appropriate thread if you want a visual, don't like cross posting photos so close together.
    Needing Help Finding A Quilt Pattern

I'm making 24 total of the goose blocks, I'm doing the rectangle and two squares method of making the geese, they are all pinned and ready to go and next step. I need to get used to the seam allowance on the Brother, I'm not quite hitting where I want to yet, but I'll be practiced up by the end of the project.

Quite often my quilts have songs to go with them, I went to my hubby's bowling league where they are getting used to me sitting up top working on one of my projects and Bohemian Rhapsody was playing as I was pinning the geese. There's the part where the line is actually Scaramouche Scaramouche can you do the fandango? And suddenly I was head banging along to it as Cherry Goose! Cherry Goose! LOL, don't know if that name is going to stick or not.
    Old 11-08-2019, 08:15 AM

I also will be joining in. Working on bindings on several baby quilts AND a king sized quilt for my dear friend's birthday today. Thank you for hosting again, Heather.

Linda in MIssouri
    Old 11-08-2019, 08:19 AM

I'm in. Want to make the backing, get batting ready, get everything ironed and quilt a king size quilt.