Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Walking foot or Stitch In The Ditch foot for quilting? >
  • Walking foot or Stitch In The Ditch foot for quilting?

• Walking foot or Stitch In The Ditch foot for quilting?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 PM

I use the SID with my Pfaff also, but, since the walking foot is built in, that is what makes this possible. I am really really good at SID because of that. ...and I need all the help I can get.
    Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbelle52
    Where did you get the SID foot for your Pfaff?
    I bought my SID from my local quilt store, where I bought my machine. I bet you could order one online though. Just google it.

Dina
    Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM

I use a walking foot and 505 spray baste. I never have buildup on my needle with the 505. I've never used a SID foot but the walking foot works really well.
    Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 AM

I too use a SITD foot with my Pfaff built in "walking foot". It is the perfect combination and although nothing is perfect in life, I can do pretty well with these.
    Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary
    I too use a SITD foot with my Pfaff built in "walking foot". It is the perfect combination and although nothing is perfect in life, I can do pretty well with these.
    So jealous of those neat built-ins!!!
    Old 11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
    Power Poster

I have always stitch in the ditch using my walking foot to keep the sandwich moving evenly but then I have an outdated Bernina I am STILL quilting on, a 1530 !!!
    Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Have both but only use the walking foot for SID...ditto on above it moves the fabric so no blips on the back
    Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 PM
    Power Poster

Cool

I have never heard of a SITD foot. I do have a guide that I can attach to any of my standard feet (not the darning foot). It allowes me to have exact distances between lines of stitching.

I do use both my walking foot with the guide attached to do crosshatching or straight line sewing with spray basted quilts. It works fine. I sew in opposite directions to help reduce the amount of drag and stretching in the same direction.

When I do SITD sewing I use either the Walking foot or 1/4" foot foot without the guide 'cause the seam is the guide I follow. Reducing the speed of the machine helps with acurate sewing. I have found that spray basting works with any kind of machine quilting and have never had a problem. Some basting sprays leave more reside than others so I always have some nail polish remover and Q-tips on hand to wipe the presser foot and needle if basting glue accumulates on them.

Could some one please discribe a SITD foot? I have never heard of it. Thanks
    peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 11-18-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    I have never heard of a SITD foot. I do have a guide that I can attach to any of my standard feet (not the darning foot). It allowes me to have exact distances between lines of stitching.

I do use both my walking foot with the guide attached to do crosshatching or straight line sewing with spray basted quilts. It works fine. I sew in opposite directions to help reduce the amount of drag and stretching in the same direction.

When I do SITD sewing I use either the Walking foot or 1/4" foot foot without the guide 'cause the seam is the guide I follow. Reducing the speed of the machine helps with acurate sewing. I have found that spray basting works with any kind of machine quilting and have never had a problem. Some basting sprays leave more reside than others so I always have some nail polish remover and Q-tips on hand to wipe the presser foot and needle if basting glue accumulates on them.

Could some one please discribe a SITD foot? I have never heard of it. Thanks
    peace
    Basically the foot has a blade, kind of in the center of the foot that opens the 'ditch' as the foot moves along. Here is a link to a thread that I started a little bit ago regarding the foot.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t146300.html